The Tanya Burr Chocolate Chip Cookies

21.8.14


Today, I got stuck into some baking and I made some cookies. I used Tanya Burr's recipe (video is linked at the end of the post), and as a disclaimer, I haven't baked since I was little and that was with my mum helping me. So, this is the first time I've baked on my own ever! And to be honest, I think they turned out okay, they're really rich, but I did pack them full with chocolate. So here's the recipe I followed... (please note if you have a gas oven, it does take longer than the time Tanya states, as she has an electric oven!)


Ingredients:
200g butter
- 300g caster sugar

- 1 large egg
- 325g self raising flour
- dash of milk (for if the mixture is dry)
- 200g white chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate

Tools:
- Whisk
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon
- Spatula (to scoop up the cooled down cookies)
- Scales
- Baking paper
- 2 Baking trays
- Oven gloves

Method:
1. Firstly, set your oven to 200 degrees celcius and then measure out the caster sugar and butter with the scales, add it to the mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Then crack the egg, add it into the mixture and whisk. Once done, measure out the flour and gradually add it in as you whisk. (Tanya said that the mixture won't work if you add it all in one go.)
3. When everything is mixed together, check the mixture isn't crumbly or dry, if so, add a dash of milk and mix.
4. Take all your chocolate (I used the same as Tanya, cadbury and milky bar yum), and break it up and chuck it into the bowl. Then take the bottom of the mixture with your clean hands and turn it over and mix in the chocolate so it's evenly spread.
5. Then grab a mound and shape it into a blob the size of your palm, (I should have taken a picture of this but I was too excited and into the process haha), and place it on the baking tray. Then repeat. You should make about 8 to 10 blobs.
6. Put your trays in the oven with your gloves and cook for 10 minutes maximum. Bring them out and leave to cool for 30 minutes. Firsty, make sure they're brown and look like a cookie, because if they're smooth and pale - put them back in for longer! They will be extremely soft when you take them out but will harden and cool if you leave them. :)
7. Then serve and enjoy!



This was my mixture just before adding the chocolate. Nom nom cookie dough.


Yummy cookies. The top looked perfect but the bottom, well, squares more like haha. This happened as I took them out for 10 minutes, and they were so uncooked I had to put them back in. (I have a gas oven, so the 10 minute time didn't work.)

--

Video:



I hope you liked this post and if you want me to attempt to bake more cakes and cookies, comment below. *no one comments*


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you guys for all your lovely, I love to read and reply to them all! :) xx

Subscribe