Why You Should Be Proud Of Your Blog

4.11.14

pic cred: weheartit
For the past few days I have been thinking about redesigning my blog. A lot. Searching on pipdig and other theme sites, I felt my little space on the internet was rather inferior compared to the enormous amounts of other blogs that can afford to revamp their design. (While all I could do was change the header and CSS) But I should never have judged blogs purely on their design - even though I love reading the content. And that's what it should be about, the photos and content, and yes the design should be eye catching and easy to navigate but a blog is all about the posts right?

So with my new inspired mind, I'm going to tell you all, no matter what design you have on your blog, you should be proud of the content. If it's fiction, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, etc. There's only one you to bring those posts to life with your passion. Just make your blog colourful and have a cute header and away you go! I've managed to tweak my blog to make it unique but still blogger like: new favicon, neater navigation bar, and a home-made header. I probably will go back to the old header sooner or later (the one with the picture in the text), but for now I love it because it's me. I shouldn't be trying to be Zoella or In The Frow, because they have their way of posting and presenting themselves and I should have mine.

There's so many voices to be heard on the internet so I say to myself and to all you lovely readers who may also have a blog, be yourself and don't base yourself on others, no matter how successful. You have amazing readers, your posts are written with love, the photos are taken with passion and your design screams you.

And now I've had that little rant, I'm ready to face the week! Well, three days as I go back to Sixth Form tomorrow after a week off and I think my blog will keep me distracted as always haha.

Do you guys think that content is more important than design?

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. FYI I totally LOVE your design!!

    It's sleek but still personable and colourful and I really reaaaally like it :) big thumbs up for the header as well. Did you draw the elements in it?! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu and sadly no, i got them off weheartit under 'transparent overlays' but i put them all together on photoshop :) xx

      Delete
  2. your new blog design is amazing, your blog is one of my favourties xx

    thebeautystorm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that honestly means a lot! I love yours too! :) xx

      Delete
    2. my header never goes the right colour, hahah, thankyou so much xx

      Delete
    3. If you do your on photoshop you need to save it as a PNG and make sure the white block is on top of the black in the left side bar at the bottom. If you don't do that the background is grey! Hope I helped xx

      Delete
    4. thankyou so much xx

      Delete
  3. very true! you shouldn't have to worry about other blogs :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're on the same page :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I really needed this! Thank you and I love your new header! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you :3 xx

      Delete
  5. i definitely feel this way sometimes, love what you said though

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post really made me feel a lot more inspired for my blog! As always, your content continues to amaze me.

    Jess Heart
    www.essibell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely, I love to read and reply to them all! :) xx

Subscribe