4 Things You Shouldn't Worry About As A Blogger


Taking my time on my ride

Did you like that twenty one pilots reference there? Hehe. Anyway, I feel like there's been a recent surge in posts about about statistics, followers, blog views, etc. I don't know if it's because I'm more active on twitter and I'm seeing it everywhere, but half of me doesn't mind and the other part just doesn't care...

I promise I'm not trying to be bitter about it all, and it's ok to to be proud of your achievements of followers, statistics and what not. But if we become obsessed with it all, it can really put a downer on the best hobby we can have in this day and age. #BloggerPower! So I thought I would just put my input on the subject and tell you guys there's nothing to worry about when being a blogger...

001: Having 1000s of views every week. Not going to lie. I never check my statistics. Like ever. Ok, I do see how many views each post gets because they appear next to each post I write, but I haven't seen my overall blog view count in a few months. I think checking the stats for your whole blog each day knocks your confidence a bit.

It certainly did with me when I was a year into blogging, thinking 'Why isn't my blog doing as well as others who've been blogging for a year?? How do I have only 5,000 views compared to others who have 100,000??' Putting it aside and concentrating on the actual content and what you're putting out is much more fun and than just posting to get blog views.

002: Gaining followers every day. If you're here to try and be the next Zoella, blogging isn't for you. Of course that's the minority of our lovely community and the rest of you are killing the game by enjoying and writing about what you love, and not what will gain attention and free things instantly - which of course is a myth as it's all down to hard work.

BUT followers. Like I say in eveerryy post that's about blogging, I'm by no means popular. Like blog views, if you're not gaining the followers you want, it makes blogging less fun. Followers of course aren't everything, and the less you focus on it, and enjoy the whole process from designing your blog to taking photos and writing about the topics you love. And then the followers will eventually come - nothing happens overnight and all good things come to those who wait. (Sorry for the cheesy phrase)

003: Stressing about whether your blog looks good. It seems minimal blog designs are the in thing. You can instantly achieve that goal without stressing about HTML and CSS and focus more on the thing you love about blogging. Engaging with others and posting about your favourite things! The best place to go is gooyaabi for free minimal themes - trust me, you'll be spoilt for choice. And for the photos, there's nothing the dodge and burn tool in Photoshop can't handle. Use these and boom, your photography looks sleek and cool. (Just compare my first few blog posts to now for proof)

004: Having a blogging schedule. I never had a blogging schedule, and I don't try to stick to one. Unless you count the accidental one I've fallen into ie. posting every other day. I try to be as relaxed as much as possible when it comes to putting out content. If I miss an extra day, I don't worry about it because it's not the end of the world. If you like posting every day, that's great and even once a week, that's also amazing. The main thing is to not put pressure on yourself!


What do you guys not worry about when it comes to blogging?


Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. great post :) I waiting my new post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post Fran - I agree, if you're here trying to be the next zoella, then blogging isn't for you, you've just gotta enjoy it!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

      Delete
  3. Your blog is honestly so cute, I love it!! I try not to look at my blog stats because it usually just stresses me out and leads to a lot of comparisons which I don't want at all. I guess you've just got to realise that all good things take time :)

    Dalal .. monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! And I agree wholeheartedly with what you said! x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*