Happy Sunday! #3


A chill post on a chill day...

Or should I say 'chilly' day? Because it's finally getting colder in the UK, I love it, and also means Christmas is coming closer... Lol.

I haven't done one of these posts in ages, and much like every life blog post update I read, life has just been a whirlwind of work and trying to see friends.

Soooo, I've decided to give a few lovely things that happened this week along with the blog posts I've enjoyed reading recently. I mean, who doesn't love that kind of post??

Firstly, it's the week before Halloween. *oooooh spooky* And I did a whole host of things to feel all autumnal before the big festive countdown.

I managed to:

  • get ingredients for my fave pumpkin pie recipe
  • open my last tube of Zoella Beauty gingerbread hand cream *cries*
  • watch pretty much the whole season of The Haunting of Hill House - which is amazingly gripping, creepy and just addictive
It was also Halloween dress up at work this weekend (fyi I work for Lush) so of course I HAD to go as one of my fave Christmas scents. Snow Fairy! The pic below shows off my costume which was a combo of a favourite makeup look, Claire's kids accessories and Barry M face jewels. 

I had so much fun and it was basically my kind of Halloween party.

Why do I look like such an egg?
I caught up on the loooong list of posts I needed to read on Bloglovin'. I just love reading people's life updates, see their beautiful blog designs and also receive handy tips for little things. I'll leave a few below which I hope you guys will enjoy too!...

  • This one was uploaded today and comes from the queen that is Jaye who gives a few rituals you can do on Sunday to prepare for the week ahead...
  • If you're a coffee fiend like me, then you'll love this post from Rachel who talks about Berlin's best coffee. Oooh.
  • I really loved this post from Corrie who discussed what she's learnt in the four years of being self employed. Some of them I think everyone can carry on into their own hobbies I think.
  • Ioanna from Hearting is back blogging yaaass. And her classic nail blog posts are also back, and I think, like me, you'll be wanting this colour asap too.

How has your week been?

Follow

8 Comentarios

  1. Lovely post Fran, it’s made me feel all autumnal and cosy! Your snow fairy costume is awesome, I love the idea, well done! I’ll have to check out those blog posts recs too, they all sound interesting to me. Hope you have a great Halloween! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! And have a spooky one too!

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched the show yet, but the book "The Haunting of Hill House" by Shirley Jackson is AMAZING. It was a required read for an English class I took back in college called Ghosts in Fiction and Folklore. Despite being a required read, I absolutely LOVED it. It was published in the 1950's so if you can get past the language being a little old-timey, it's wonderful. I'm excited to watch the show, but I just know having read the book first, I'm going to be critiquing it the whole time, haha. But I've heard good things so far :)

    www.lifeslittlemusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read the book, but from what I've read about the book, I don't know how different it is from the show. But I think that it's a good idea to sometimes think books and shows as separate entities. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Halloween to you too! 😊

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved your snow fairy outfit, it must be so fun working at lush and getting to dress up like that!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Lucy! It actually was, I felt like I could act more carefree because I was a fairy and was blowing bubbles everywhere and high fiving kids haha x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*