A Few Reasons Why Books Are Amazing


A sweet paper escape

I have a serious love affair with books.

And it all started in primary school when I would be so excited to go to the library and borrow a book. (Though nine times out of ten, it was always the book The Pizza Princess.)

Then it was aaaall about Jacqueline Wilson, Harry Potter - obvs - and Goosebumps. Not forgetting aaaaall the teen fiction I read in high school.

I read so much, I even walked to school with a book open in my hands.

Fast forward to 2019, and I'm still pretty much OBSESSED with these paper objects that hide the secrets of a good story.

And I'm here to tell you why they're amazing too. I'm talking about the physical kind as well...


  • FIRSTLY, the smell of a book is amazing. I like to flick through a fresh book I just bought from Waterstones and inhale that new paper smell.
  • A physical book is the best option for me. I've never been a fan of kindles and would rather not be staring at a screen 90% of the time. I prefer holding the weight of a book, turn a page, and have a beautiful book shelf full of my faves.
  • When you want to relax away from social media, watching tv or take your mind off anything stressing you in the moment, you can get lost in a good book. On my two weeks off not too long ago, I managed to read four books because I'd just get sucked into the story and the characters - and it was bliss.
  • Books can relax your brain before bed. I go up to bed an hour early now and read my book rather than watch youtube up until the last second. It makes me feel properly tired so I can get a good nights sleep.
  • There's so many different kinds of stories out there. There's something for everyone. Fictional, non-fiction, fantasy, horror, thriller, ect. And I looooove spending at least an hour in Waterstone's going through all the sections and picking up what's jumping out at me.

I could list like 1000 more reasons, but for me these are the main ones...

Do you guys love a good book too?

Follow

18 Comentarios

  1. I love books too, and one of my goals this year is to read as much as I can. I have no precise number of books in mind, but I just make sure to give myself the time to read at least every other day! I do love physical books over digital ones too, it feels like more of a full experience to me when I have the book in my hands, I turn the pages, and put the book on my shelf when I'm done. Yay for books!

    Julia x
    FASHION | Why I Fell Back in Love with Wardrobe Basics : https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/01/fashion-why-i-fell-back-in-love-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Reading for me is an experience and everything you said I agree with!! I read every day as much as I can, and now I read for an hour before lights out in the evening x

      Delete
  2. There's nothing better than reading an actual physical book, and it being that good you don't want to put it down. I've managed to read 4 books this month, I'm not a fan of reading them on Kindle's though it has to be an actual book!

    Claire || www.clairejoanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to this!! And that's impressive! I'm currently on my seventh book of the month haha x

      Delete
  3. YESSS Couldn't agree more!

    x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and yes, books are amazing. I love reading. I wasn't always a fan but now I can't imagine a day without reading at least few pages.

    https://hanzalikovam.wixsite.com/thedailymaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I’m glad to hear it! If I’m really into a book I can read about 100 pages in a day haha x

      Delete
  5. Aw amazing post! I remember the goosebumps books, they were so gripping :D I remember not being able to put them down at all! And any book named The Pizza Princess sounds like my kind of book, I want to read it haha! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think the best part of reading, is the escapism you get when you read a book - its like being transported into a whole other world!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  7. It so is! My parents always used to encourage me to read so I guess it's ingrained in me now to always have a book with me haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! They really were, I read a lot of them but I don't think all - the one that sticks out to me is one called 'say cheese and die' haha! It was the best because even then I was obsessed with pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more! I prefer a tangible book as well instead of a screen and have always envisioned having a library in my house one day.

    www.lifeslittlemusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg! I’ve always dreamt of one too and just have a whole wall of colour coordinated books 💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only started getting into reading the last 4 years or so. I had always struggled with it so it would be such a chore. But now, it's one of my favourite things to do. Give me a romantic YA book and I'll beh happy for hours!

    Aycan // www.littlewhitesocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaaay I’m so happy you’ve gotten back into reading! It’s probably my fave hobby ever aside from blogging!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post Fran – I love your bookish posts! I prefer physical books for the same reasons and also shopping for books can be a lot of fun. Buying secondhand books in charity shops is one of my favourite things to do, and you don’t get the same experience downloading something for a kindle. I started getting into reading a few years ago as I was having too much screen time. I recently joined my local library and I’ve been making a weekly visit part of my routine. Happy reading! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exactly! And that’s what I used to do too! I’ve found some amazing reads in charity shops over the past few years 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*