How To Easily Bake A Funfetti Birthday Cake


A dreamy sugar fest

SO when you guys are reading this, it'll be my birthday in two days...

And I'll be 22 OH MY FREAKING GOSH.

This year I decided instead of buying a cake (as the supermarket ones weren't doing it for me this year), I'd go ahead and bake my own!

And the above pic is the result. Nom nom.

I adapted the recipe from the Tanya Bakes book - which is my baking bible ngl - and had so much fun making the cake of my dreams.

(I mean it's not entirely photogenic but it's 1. pink and 2. it has loads of sprinkles on it!)

If you want to give this super easy but delicious recipe a go... Because I trust that IT WILL BE GOOD. Read on my friends...

001: ingredients:

for the cake:
330g unsalted butter - softened
330g golden caster sugar
4 eggs
330g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essense
splash of milk

for the icing + decorations:
300g unsalted butter - softened
600g icing sugar
pink food colouring
100s and 1000s
candles (optional)


002: method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line three 21cm round loose bottom cake tins with baking parchment.

2. Cream together the butter and sugar until its smooth and fluffy. Then add the eggs and mix until smooth again.

3. Add the baking powder, vanilla and splash of milk (I used 1 teaspoon). Then slowly add the flour and mix together to form the creamy cake batter.

4. Divide between the three tins and use a spatula to smooth out.

5. Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. Then leave the cakes to cool completely. (Basically leave an hour.)

6. For the icing, cream the butter then start slowly adding the icing sugar until it becomes fluffy and smooth. Or becomes a big lump of gloriousness and sticks to your mixer.

7. Gradually add the pink food colouring until it's as vibrant as you want.

8. Sandwich your cakes together with icing then cover the cake with a thin layer of icing - the crumb layer - and pop in the fridge for 30 mins.

9. Then cover the whole cake in icing and then throw all your sprinkles onto your cake. A warning: it will get messy!!

10. Add the candles and then serve or save for the special occasion!


Will you be giving this a go?

Follow

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*