So I Saw Marina At The Royal Albert Hall...


And she full on served!


Last Friday, your girl was SUPER lucky to see her queen Marina Diamandis at the Royal Albert Hall.

Marina, formerly known as Marina and the Diamonds, released her fourth album recently (Love + Fear - which I highly recommend you guys listen to if you haven't yet!) and within days went on her UK tour.

I have been a diamond since the beginning of the Electra Heart era but I've only ever seen her live once before which was at the London Palladium for the Neon Nature Tour. And I couldn't wait to see her live again.

SO I nabbed some VIP tickets (yup, it was an indulgent moment) and got third row in the Hall. HOLY FRICK.


The following pictures in this post are ones I took on my humble iPhone and I think they came out amazingly well. I was so close and it was so surreal to be close to someone who I've admired for so many years.

Anyways, let's get down to the night...

The VIP experience consisted of 'front row seats', an exclusive goody bag of prints Marina hand painted - but of course they're prints of the originals - and early access to the Hall and merch table.

But it turns out the VIPs had their own merch table, bar and there was also an amazing photo wall where you could pose with props from past eras that Marina used on tour. (ASDFGHJKL) I won't put my photo here because I look weird in it lmao.

I have to say, as it was my first ever VIP experience, I really enjoyed it. And I defo think it was worth paying extra for the amazing seats.

If you're my regular reader, I won't bore you with aaaaaaall the details, and if you're a diamond, you probably know every detail from this tour already.

Marina split the show into two sections 'Love' and 'Fear'. So, some songs like Primadonna were in 'Love' and others like Savages were 'Fear'. Which was an amazing concept to go for in this tour.

She also had dancers with her, who could also play the instruments, so in contrast to the previous tour, it was really refreshing to see a different kind of energy.

And her costumes were beautifully simple while the sets that were white allowed for colourful projections for each song which were so aesthetically pleasing.


For the whole show Marina had such wonderful energy and her vocals are so strong, crisp and clear I basically wanted to cry. (Does that even make sense!) She has such a pure natural for singing that she could easily do a whole show acapella.

Enjoy Your Life - a new song from L+F - was such a positive anthem to dance to and classics like I Am Not A Robot were brought back with such vigorous energy it sent everyone wild. Where, can I say, I caught this amazing shot of Marina above in a state of pure joy. It warms my heart so much.

Are You Satisfied? was also performed from The Family Jewels and hasn't been performed since 2012 soooo that was a dream!

There are so many amazing moments from this show I want to talk about with you guys, but we would be here forever.

So, here are my feelings and thoughts summed up:

  • After a four year hiatus, Marina has definitely returned with as much energy as me drinking 1000 coffees.
  • The setlist was perfect and had every song that you would want from every era. (Hoping that Marina adds Forget to it at some point thought)
  • I'm just feeling super blessed to have been able to have this experience.
  • And if you get the chance, search #LoveandFearTour on twitter, as there's some beautiful videos on that tag. As well as some from moi!
What has been your fave concert?


Follow

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*