Why You Need To See Barbie Right Now


"Do ya guys ever think about dying?"

Yesterday was the biggest cinematic event of the year. Barbenheimer.

I was team Barbie...

And I think a 5 star review from yours truly on Letterboxd deserves a blog post on here.

Why? Because this film single handedly carried cinema on its back this week, Greta Gerwig is a fantastic director and is on track to making records.

Barbie starts off as a pretty pink "everything is PERFECT and nothing will ruin it for us" world, until Barbie herself, questions death. Cue existential crisis moments which I relate to.

I went into this film knowing this would be a good film, but I didn't imagine how much of a cult classic it would become as I was viewing it. I along with all the other head to toe dressed Barbies in the audience, laughed at one liners and jokes that landed SO RIGHT while striking that fine balance between what it means to be a woman in the real world. Actual tears were shed by the end on mine and my friend's faces.

And it works, because men hate it. In fact I think Ken represented really well without giving any spoilers.

I'm in love with the way EVERY Barbie was represented, the aesthetic, the "Hi Barbie!", Margot and Ryan as Barbie and Ken. UGH! I could go on but that would be *SPOILERS*

Just take one thing from this, this film is going to be my personality for the next month.

Who else has seen Barbie?

Follow

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*