3 Ways I'm Making Myself Feel Happier


Living the life I want to

I fully got this idea from one of my faves Jaye Rockett - who you should TOTALLY check out and follow because she's amaaaazing - because it got me thinking about how I'm making myself happy.

It's summer, I feel like I have waaay more energy. (Aside from that 30 degrees heatwave that we had that I died in) And it's got me in the mood to better myself and grab life by the sunflower petals.

So, I thought I'd share with you guys the three main ways I am aiming to make the most out of everything - and in turn feel good, healthy aaaaand happy!

001: work outs in the morning (when i can):
For two months now I've been doing morning exercises and I've never felt better. It's been on and off as I've only done them now when I have a day off as my working days are pretty full on, and I can feel pretty tired by the end of the day.

"How have I been doing this?" You ask earnestly. I rely on youtube videos and my shiny new yoga mat from Flying Tiger. I work on my stomach and biceps area mainly but my legs get a bit of attention too. And in turn, I'm starting to think positively about my body now.

002: eating aaaaaall the salads:
YES. I know. I'm eating salad. Gone are the days where I would take any opportunity to grab a cheese toastie from Starbucks for lunch or snack on things. I choose salads (be it leafy with balsamic vinegar or falafel, etc.) over things like crisps and stuff. Like my work outs, I feel so much happier within myself and I look forward to eating them now. Eighteen year old Fran, I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

Of course I'm not a total health freak, I do have my little bit of chocolate every night lmao....

003: shaking up my daily routines and bringing different things into my life:
I'm talking spontaneous evening walks, buying beautiful flowers to change the look in my room, wearing a perfume I've not worn in months, etc.

I'm not a person who values a good life by the things they can buy for vast amounts like holiday trips all the time (I can dream about escaping to somewhere like Greece though) or loads of clothes. I haven't had a Primark spree since April. Oops.

Of course an odd treat now and then is good, but I do feel guilty for not being a person who does loads of things in their life. But I'm all about the little simple things. I'm a homebody and I love taking things slow. Wow, that got kinda deep, but you know what I mean.

What things do you guys do to be happier?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. I really need to starting eating healthier as I know it'll boost my energy levels and make me feel better in myself but I struggle and love crisps so much - oops! Maybe once I get back into a routine with uni I can make that leap!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m actually eating more yushoi pea snacks now which are like 88 calories per pack and are amazing! You can get them from Asda at the moment and they’re soooo much nicer than potato crisps :) x

      Delete
  2. I can relate a lot to this post! Exercising and eating well makes me sooo happy and fulfilled, I could never go back now that I have taken up these habits. Exercising in the morning is the best, it gives you energy for the day - to go for lovely walks and buy the pretty flowers haha!

    Julia x
    www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I’m so happy you liked it and yaaaay for all the exercising and healthy fooood! :)

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*