Epic Easter Egg Cupcakes


Serve cupcakes to die for

Holy moly it's ALREADY Easter! Well, the weekend... But omg - aside from the religious aspect of it - it's finally the holiday event where we can cheat and eat aaaaall the chocolate eggs hehehe.

This year, instead of doing a huge cake and using someone else's recipe, I thought I'd take a basic one and then play around with it to create my own. And the above pic is what I ended up with... Cupcakes with chocolate coated cornflakes, mini eggs and a surprise in the middle!

Oh you want to know what that is? Let me tell you...

It's mini creme eggs!

Yep, I stuck a creme egg in the middle of each cupcake and let me tell you, it was the best thing I ever did.

If you guys want to know how to make these for yourself, because it actually turned out to be not a disaster as I thought as I was doing it from scratch then read on...

Now excuse me while I eat all of these.



001: Ingredients:

113g margarine
113g caster sugar
2 large eggs
113g self-raising flour
one bag mini eggs and mini creme eggs
one large bar of cadbury dairy milk
one bowl cornflakes

002: Method:

1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celcius and put nine cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray (because this recipe makes exactly nine!) Put the creme eggs in the freezer for 30 mins.

2. Measure the margarine and sugar then cream together till it's light and fluffy. Then add one egg in at a time while beating the first one in before adding the second.

3. Then, weigh out the flour then sift into the bowl and mix together till you have cake batter.

4. Take your creme eggs out of the freezer then fill the cupcake cases halfway, add a creme egg then cover over with more cake mixture. Repeat for all nine.

5. Bake your cupcakes for 15 mins or until golden all over the top.

6. Leave to cool for 30 mins and transfer to a wire rack. Meanwhile, boil a kettle of water and then in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water kids!) melt the bar of chocolate.

7. Once done, take off the heat, add in the cornflakes and mix until all covered. Then taking a spoon, spoon some chocolate cornflakes on to each cupcake to make a nest. Then add two mini eggs onto each one.

8. When all are done, either pop them in the fridge or leave them on the counter to cool and set.

9. Serve and enjooooy wooooo!

If you guys want to see a visual of this recipe, then do check out my latest video below!! :3


Have you guys baked anything for Easter?

Follow

8 Comentarios

  1. These looks so yummy! i'm gonna make them tomorrow!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that’s made me so happy! I hope you enjoy them :3 x

      Delete
  2. These look so tasty, and so aesthetically pleasing as well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I’m all about those aesthetics haha <3

      Delete
  3. These look absolutely delicious Fran!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!! Legit so proud and can’t wait to eat more today haha

      Delete
  4. Those cupcakes look aesthetically pleasing!😍 They look so yummy and especially with baking being in my "forte", I'll definitely consider baking these for a big Easter treats feast or something.😊

    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay! I hope you enjoy them! I just finished them off and I’m so happy about how they turned out because I couldn’t get the measurements exact haha xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*