5 Ways I'm Starting To Make Positive Changes In My Life


Working to be the best

For every positive thing I think, I somehow just manage to think like two negative things. And it's getting to me...

It can be anything from my appearance, to general things in my life, and so on. And I've decided it's about time I need to make more positive changes in my day to day life - be it general diet, indulgence or thinking less negatively.

Soooo, below is just a few ways in which I want to make these changes! Feel free to let me know in the comments what you do to make life feel more positive!

001: going for something and believing in myself:
Nine times out of 10, I won't go for something because I will think someone else would be better at it than me, or I feel I just can't do it. I need to stop this. So from now on, I'll take the plunge and go for what I want and if it doesn't work out. Hey, at least I tried...

(FYI, I'm about to do this and I'm soooo nervous haha)

002: wearing my favourite perfume/body spray:
If I'm feeling pretty down, I'll lift my spirits with a favourite scent. Main faves include Lush's Snow Fairy, Lush's I'm Home and Zoella Beauty Snow'ella. The sweet comforting scents of these make me feel like I'm embraced in a hug, comforted and therefore, I feel better when going about my day.

003: letting myself indulge in fruit:
2016 Fran hardly ever ate fruit. But 2018 Fran LIVES FOR IT. So, I'm going to let myself eat all the fruit I crave. Think grapes, satsumas, apples, etc. Yeah, the more fruit I eat, the more I generally feel better about myself. (Even if I fail and don't do the morning exercises I set out to do, at least I'm eating good!)

004: distracting myself from the feeling of loneliness:
With all my friends away at uni and only really having a social life at work, it can get me down. And to combat that, I'm aiming to read more of my books, throw myself back into my blog and going for walks. These kinds of activities keep me and my brain occupied, and even if I still feel lonely, at least I've been productively lonely aaayy??

005: enjoy doing my skincare routine:
When the day is over, sometimes you just want to rush and put your jammies on and eaaaaat! Other times, it's nice to enjoy and take a moment to be mindful when doing your skincare routine. It's a bit like meditation of sorts. Especially if you have numerous products, be in the moment when pampering your skin. Feel the product sliding over, or that good ol' scrub. Because there's nothing more important than treating your skin just as well as the inside of you!

What kind of things do you guys do to be positive?

Follow

12 Comentarios

  1. I love these! I always feel uplifted when wearing my favourite fragrance xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I wasn’t wearing enough scents in my life so I’ve got a few nice body sprays like Snow Fairy and I put them on every morning now :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with all these! I especially liked how you said doing your skincare can be like meditation, so true 😊

    www.lifeslittlemusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaahh! Especially with something like a hot cloth cleanser or a Lush fresh cleanser, where it’s technically an extra step!

      Delete
  3. Having a positive mindset is hard work! Don't worry about still feeling some negativity, just keep working on it little by little. It all comes down to perseverance and finding the little things, like the fruit and your skincare, that make you feel more and more positive about changing for the better! :)

    Julia x
    Last Post: Forget LA! Five Reasons To Visit San Diego, CA | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/travel-forget-la-five-reasons-to-visit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This comment meant a lot! I did definitely enjoy my satsumas today for lunch haha xx

      Delete
  4. Being at uni can be quite lonely, especially when I'm working from home so I really want to try and read more and go for little walks throughout the day!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Taking myself out of the place where I'm feeling lonely and doing something different with my time does make me feel better x

      Delete
  5. YAY! You can do this girl :)

    x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for believing in me! :P

      Delete
  6. Oh I love this post! Making the most of your skincare routine is always a good way to relax and feel better I find. xx

    Lucy | www.lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is! I have Lush’s full of grace naked serum bar and it’s like having a facial when I apply it! It’s heavenly!

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*