The Affordable Secret To Clean Makeup Brushes


-- Get that squeaky clean feeling --

Yonks ago, I wrote a post about cleaning your makeup brushes. Let's just say I'm surprised that anyone read it at all. So I'm back today to give the lowdown (again and officially) on the best way to clean your makeup brushes. No beauty blog can exist without giving their own tips - even if it's all the same. I'm actually one of those insane people that look forward to what people may deem as a chore. I just love the feeling of having something that's fresh and new looking to use, and if you don't like that then I silently judge you. *Squints eyes at you* So without further ado, here's the simple steps...

001: Gather your brushes!

002: Get out the cleaning solution of choice. There's no need to fork out on proper makeup brush soap - is that even the words for it though? All you need is soap. (Or even shampoo!) I use Simple and my mum tends to use her Herbal Essences.

003: Fill a sink with luke warm water, dip your brush in, squirt some soap/shampoo on and then swirl in your hand. You'll see the gunk come out. Rinse in the water and repeat until the soap comes out clean. Repeat for all brushes.

004: Then once they're done, run some cold water and rinse them all out. I like to spread the fibres out to let the water in and gently squeeze it out until the soap is gone.

005: Now to let them dry! This something that works so well if you're washing them the day before. Pat the brushes dry with a towel and then stick them on the shelf in the boiler cupboard - if you have one. This dries the brushes so quickly compared to leaving them out on the side. Ta da!

How do you guys clean your makeup brushes??

15 Comentarios

  1. I use a bar of soap and it works wonders! No need to pay money on a cleaner!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the word! haha and exactly!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post! It's time I clean them today finally, also I followed you on Bloglovin' ^^ love your blog

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you and that's ok! Hopefully it'll make it more fun haha

      Delete
  3. I use Superdrug's baby shampoo and that works wonders for my brushes! Lovely post :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's also an amazing alternative!

      Delete
  4. I actually suck at cleaning my makeup brushes, lol, and this sort of reminds me that I've got to clean them out real soon, haha. Thank you for sharing, Fran!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's ok! I don't know if it's bad but I clean them once a month...

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree that you don't need to spend a lot of money on a fancy brush cleaner, I have only ever cleaned my brushes with a gentle soap and I have 3 year old brushes that are still in amazing condition!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post!! Loved your tips! Also and awesome reminder!! Ha I really need to clean my brushes!

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you and maybe it was good I posted about it :P

      Delete
  7. I use the StylPro Brush Cleaner which is amazing as it washes and dries brushes within 10 seconds but it is pricey xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleaning make up brushes is not a fav thing of mine to do. I really want to get that crazy device that spins them clean in water and then spins them clean. Bit lazy but so cool. I've recently done a post on my new make up brushes. They're incredible as so affordable, shits on real techniques which I never thought i'd say! Great post!

    http://graceoliviablog.co
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*