My Obsessions From May


What made my month

 A LOT has happened in the past few weeks. One. It was my birthday at the beginning of the month - I turned 21 aaahh - and I got up to loooaaads of exciting things. I also discovered new fave musicals, authors, beauty bits and am trying to take my little blog and youtube in a *slightly* different direction.

So, this little post features a lot of the materialistic things that ALSO made up my month! Some are birthday gifts and others are just plainly new obsessions... Enjoy reading on...

001: the greatest showman:
OOOOkay, what is a favourites post without featuring my favourite musical film of the year since Jan?? I raved about the soundtrack in a previous favourites after seeing it in the cinema and FINALLY the DVD came out this month and I instantly nabbed a copy.

It's such an empowering, happy and beautiful film. Aside from the fact that the songs have been in the charts for the longest time, I still think you should watch it if you haven't...

002: original source green banana and bamboo milk shower milk:
Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE the natural goodness that is in Lush products with aall my heart. But on an essentials trip to Boots, I saw these shower milks on offer for £1.What's not to love about a bargain AND they're vegan and cruelty free. I'm always intrigued by something that's described as a 'milk' and this lives up to what they're raving about on the packaging.

It smells exactly like those banana foam sweets, and I usually hate all things banana but I surprisingly love this! It's really creamy as well. The only downside, it does disappear super fast...

003: lush mint julips:
Now I'm featuring a Lush product! If you like to prep your lips with a scrub before applying lip balm or a lipstick, then go for this! It smells and tastes a bit like a cross between mints and after eights and I'm just in looooove. I have to resist eating the whole jar when using this in the mornings. Plus it's made from all things natural like caster sugar and peppermint and organic jojoba oils. Ooooh.

004: twenty first birthday ring:
I was super lucky to be gifted a beautiful gold ring for my birthday from my parents. It has multicoloured stones on it which I just LOVE and goes with every pastel nail paint I have on haha. I don't have a very good photo of it, but it's similar to the vintage hardware rings you get in Topshop. I'll also try and feature it on my insta if you guys want to see it!

005: wicked the musical:
Another present from my parents was to see Wicked! We booked it waaaay back in December and the date finally rolled around. I'm just as obsessed with this production as I am with The Greatest Showman now. The whole storyline, songs aaaaand the actors and actresses was phenomenal! I already want to see it again but I'm making up for it by listening to the soundtrack - and I've just read the novel...

006: primark sugar rush eyeshadow palette:
Can you believe this palette was £4?? I KNOW. I talked about it in a post here, and I'm still using it basically every day. It's such a lovely pigmented palette with pretty pastel shades that go so well with each other, it's so easy to create amazing looks.

What have you guys been loving in May?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. Am I the only one that wasn't much of a fan of GS?! I might have to watch it again hahaa, I love an Original Source shower milk, so refreshing, my fave flavour is the sweet apple and vanilla one, perfect for night times. A lot of my favourites this month are beauty based and I can't wait to get the post finished so I can share them with you! ✨Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that sounds like a divine smell! I was planning to get the cherry one as well! And I'll look forward to seeing your post soon! x

      Delete
  2. The greatest showman is literally the BEST!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*