My Favourite Blog Props To Use In Posts


How to make your blog photos look snazzy

Aside from the whole writing the blog post stage, my absolute FAVOURITE thing about blogging is probably taking the photos. I love getting out my DSLR, setting up a flatlay with all the bits I want to talk about and use my homemade light reflector. (A piece of cardboard with aluminum foil covering it haha)

What makes a flatlay/every blog photo great, is for sure the props!! Not only do they add an extra something to a photo but it just livens it all up, gives it more of a vibe and makes it look like what you're about to talk about is just sooo interesting...

And I thought why not tell you guys my favourites to use, so maybe you can get some inspo for your own blog aesthetics too! Settle down, and read on to see how you can up your blogging game!

001: marble chopping board: Firstly, to get my pretty white background, I use my marble board. This was a revelation a few years back, when my mum dug it out of a cupboard gave it and good clean and gave it to me. So I didn't have to spend ANY money to get my blogging marble game up. Any pretty work surface will do, or you can use wrapping paper from the likes of Oliver Bonas or even marble paper to get the desired effect!!

002: extra beauty products: If I'm doing a lifestyle post and it involves creating a flatlay, I'll probably add in a palette or lipstick to add some variety - and if it's a beauty post I'll put in a product that relates to what I'm talking about. My go to's are the Too Faced products and anything pretty like my Soap and Glory blushers.

003: accessories: Whatever is lying around I'll use, a ring, ear cuff, pins, etc. And they have to be gold because I LOVE gold. They add a bit of interest if the product is small, or I'm just talking about one thing and it looks a bit bare. You don't have to spend too much on accessories if you just want them for photos - Primark do amazing pieces at the moment!


004: gems and homeware: Trinket trays, crystal gems and little ring holders - like my little cat - are my best friends when it comes to creating the cutest flatlay. Plus the tray pictured is peeerfect for showing off nail paints, mascaras and any kind of beauty product.

005: magazines and books: You've probably noticed I use books and magazines A LOT in my blog photos. They add a contrast of colour, make photos look prettier and a different dimension to my aesthetics. Oooh fancy words. But yeah, I just love adding wads of pretty paper where I can haha.

006: all the freaking plants: Spring flowers, succulents, cacti, fake ikea plants, you name it, I've probably had it. These little guys just bring life into a photo and I think they make a photo look less boring. Even if you add all the above, you can't not add a plant in...

007: fairy lights: Last but not least, fairy lights!! And Primark ones at that! Want to add something that isn't accessories or want to add something sparkly, these are the ones for you! I love using my multicoloured ones or my plain ones depending if I want to add a lot of colour or not.

What are your fave props for blog posts?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. Gorgeous and helpful article :) I love your photos sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you and I’m glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  2. All of these props are awesome! I love using flowers, they always look so nice in photos.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and they do!! I think that’s my fave part of creating a flatlay:3

      Delete
  3. Magazines, books and plants are my go to! I've tried using fairy lights as well but I mainly like to use them in A/W. Great post hun :)x

    Anu | Based On blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah fairy lights make photos look so cosy in the winter :3

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*