Currently #6


Loving the small things in life

I thought I would try to write more personal posts on my blog. Not super personal stuff like my love life and all that, (I mean, I have no love life anyway haha) but just talking about all the things I'm loving and doing that's not fashion or beauty favourites. Sooo, here's another edition of 'Currently'! Hooraaayy...
001: Watching: 13 Reasons Why! Not seen it? Where have you been my friend?? I'm about to go onto episode 12 in the space of watching it for a week and it's the best show since Stranger Things. Highlighting on serious issues such as depression, and focusing on a girl called Hannah Baker, who commits suicide, and Clay, her friend who comes to term with her death. While also having to listen to a number of tapes she left behind. Each tape is about a person in the high school who is a 'reason' why she killed herself. Sounds a bit drastic, but when you watch it, you'll understand and then you'll be sobbing like a baby. Like I'm trying not to do...

002: Reading: The Help! After reading a few heavy books full of meaning and the first HP - I'm planning to continue on with the best series to exist after this - I decided to pick up The Help again. It's one of my favourite novels and it's set in Mississippi 1962 'where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver ...There's Aibileen, raising her seventeenth white child and nursing the hurt caused by her own son's tragic death; Minny, whose cooking is nearly as sassy as her tongue; and white Miss Skeeter, home from College, who wants to know why her beloved maid has disappeared. Skeeter, Aibileen and Minny. No one would believe they'd be friends; fewer still would tolerate it. But as each woman finds the courage to cross boundaries, they come to depend and rely upon one another. Each is in a search of a truth. And together they have an extraordinary story to tell...'  I love all the characters in this book, and I would totally recommend this to you guys!

003: Smelling: Zoella Lifestyle Daisy Picking candle! Being the Zoella trash that I am, of course I would be dying to try the rest of her candle range after burning up the Lazy Days one. And the next one on my list is Daisy Picking - which smells so floral and fresh that I just HAD to put it on my birthday wish list. The days are getting closer to me being 20 and I'm not ready ahh.

004: Eating: Perked Cacao and Cashew Quinoa bars! In between snacking on Cadbury mini eggs (c'mon it's Easter, I deserve to indulge myself), I've discovered a whole new kind of healthy snack. It's quinoa but not as you know it. There's cacao mixed with cashews and raisins and the quinoa is like the crispy rice things you get in Squares. So, it's basically healthy vegan squares and I fully approve of it! It's just sooo good.

005: Listening: The 1975's old EP's! Apart from 30 Seconds to Mars and Marina and the Diamonds, my favourite ever group/artists to grace my ears would be The 1975. And listening to all their old EPs on YouTube (which were released before their debut) is giving me so many feels. Also you can't forget the classic Medicine as well! I featured one in my latest music post here if you want to see it!

What have you guys been currently loving?

Follow

2 Comentarios

  1. The 1975's old EP's are just the best - I never get bored of them!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I love the early versions of The City and Sex and classics like fallingforyou and So Far (It's Alright) are just epic!

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*