Does The L'Oreal Miss Manga Actually Give Mega Volume?


The next best drugstore mascara??

I had that moment at the beginning of the month when my beloved Maybelline Lash Sensational ran out, I internally cried and went to Boots to pick up another. Of course I forgot it was half term and everyone had already raided the Maybelline counter which left me staring at a large empty space where the mascaras should have been. Why.
So, I trailed around in circles looking at other brand's mascaras when I came across the L'Oreal Miss Manga. I'd seen loaaads of ads a couple of years back about it but never thought to give it a go. And there was no better time than now. Plus the name just sold it to me. I could potentially have lashes that made my eyes look bigger like a manga character...

A week and half later. I'm ready to give my verdict. And on first impressions, I wasn't really keen on the spoolie as it was plastic and rubbery and felt very flimsy on application. Ew ew ew. But I've got used it, and being the bad blogger I am, I totally forgot to take a picture of what it looks like - but go on over here to the Boots website to see it. The mascara formula isn't as bad as I feared, and I found myself quite surprised at what came out of it... If you look at the photo of moi below, you can see the difference already!


I obviously like to apply a few layers of a mascara, but trust me, on the first layer, it was still pretty damn good. I've grown so used to having a load of mascara on my eyelashes, it's an automatic thing to do it, but I do think it can work with one layer. But the real question here guys, is does it replace my Maybelline?? Uhh, not really.

Even though this DOES catch the inner lashes better than my favourite, I just hate the spoolie and for my personal taste, it does take a bit of work to get my lashes how I want it - especially on my lower lash line. Though in saying that, it is a good mascara and I would recommend it, but there's not as much 'mega volume' as I would like. Sadly, there was no big manga eyes achieved. Meh.

Have you guys tried any L'Oreal mascaras?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. I am currently using a Maybelline The Falsies, and I am totally in love with it. But I've also had this one, and I was not very satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww maybe I'll try the Falsies next time! Just to see... I've decided to be on the hunt for the best drugstore mascara :)

      Delete
  2. I tried this a few years back now and quite liked it but definitely found it was nothing special - maybelline lash sensational all the way!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooooo! And yeah, I don't think it's the best mascara ever to grace Boots to be honest x

      Delete
  3. I remember trying this a while ago and wasn't that impressed as it made my lashes drop pretty bad, definitely okay for those days at home though!

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*