Birchbox Pop-Up Haul


A homemade subscription box

Before last year was over, I made a trip over to Carnaby Street and decided to treat myself to a Birchbox from the pop-up shop! I'm veeeery late to the party with these beauty boxes as I've never subscribed to one myself and have only read other people's posts. But it was about time I got my first taste of it...

The pop-up is only on Carnaby Street till the end of this month and it's the cutest shop ever! Think minimal and pretty neon pink signs. Yep, you've got the jist! Aside from making your own box, you can also buy full size full price beauty products as well and they're displayed around the shop.

I didn't go for those and only stuck to the box, which you can make for £15 by choosing five items from makeup, skincare and haircare. That's an amazing price may I say for five items. All you have to do is pick up a box (which has the prettiest marble pattern may I say) and a menu which features all the products you can choose, and start filling! It's a bit like the pick n mix or jelly belly stands where you have a bag that you fill to your heart's content but with beauty items...

Now, I'm sure you want to know all about what I picked up! Not only am I typing this post, but I also filmed the haul for my youtube which I'll link at the end. I decided to opt for products that I thought I would get the most use out of, and here's a mini list of my choices - because I LOVE lists haha.

001: ecotools perfecting blender duo: The only makeup sponges I've ever used were from tk maxx or real techniques, so I thought I'd pick these. The bigger one is for foundation and the small one is for concealer. It's also in limited edition packaging and I love the colours - plus I hope I get to use these right hehe.

002: sand & sky brilliant skin purifying pink clay mask: I love a good face mask, and the only ones I ever use are from lush (apart from the sanctuary spa peel off face mask) and I thought this sounded interesting - and very cleansing!

003: smashbox photofinish foundation primer: Primers are an essential part of my routine and I've always wanted to use a smashbox product but I've not had the chance... So seeing this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I can't wait to give this a go once I finish my soap and glory one heck of a blot.

004: amie matte finish moisturiser: I was drawn to this because it boasted natural ingredients and I love moisturisers that leave a nice matte finish. I'm not a girl that loves that greasy glow. Again, I only use lush products when it comes to skincare, but I'm hoping this could be a fave alternative.

005: percy and reed volumising no oil oil: I've used this a couple of years back when I got this as a freebie from ELLE, and I really enjoyed using it. So, I was pretty stoked it was a choice in the shop! It's not greasy, and absorbs well into the hair and does give a little volume. A pretty good product in my opinion.

And here's the video kids...


Have you guys ever had a Birchbox?

Follow

2 Comentarios

  1. The birchbox pop up shop is so cute, I had a lil look when I was last on Carnaby Street - you picked up some real goodies!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I wish it was permanent and we could make a different one every two months or so... and thanks I’m happy with what I chose x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*