DIY | The Tumblr Scrapbook


Hola guys! Today I have a different post today, and you can probably see from the title that its DIY. I thought it would add something unique to my blog as I have never done this sort of post before. Last night I had a great idea to create a tumblr scrapbook, which I hear you asking why? Well, I love tumblr so much and considering that I might not be on it in 20 years or so, I thought it would be nice to select my favourite photos and cram them all in a book. As you can see the front cover is a lovely collage with mini Polaroids, Cher, Zoella and my two favourite bloggers at the minute: Zoe London and Victoria from InTheFrow. I thought I would share with you all how you can make one, and it might be a cute hobby to start in the Christmas holidays. *Yaay* It's not A Beautiful Mess standard but I'm happy with my efforts haha. Enjoy! x

1. I started off by getting a plain notebook and a bunch of my old Company magazines. I scoured all the issues and picked out my favourite images which I roughly cut out. Once I had all the ones I liked, I cut them out more neatly and placed them around the front of my notebook to see where they would fit best. 

2. I went for a fashion/blogger/photographic theme and dotted mini polaroids I found in one issue around the photos. I used glue and stuck them all on. Then I got a plain bit of paper and wrote 'TUMBLR SCRAPBOOK VOLUME ONE', cut that out and stuck it on top.

3. The most important part is keeping the photos from falling off. I got a clear sticky book cover protecting roll (It's kind of like cello tape and you can get it in Staples and Hobbycraft if you're from the UK) and cut out a rectangle for the measurements for the book. Make sure you go two inches over the edge and cut a line at the corners so it can fold over. I took the film off and stuck it on carefully while smoothing the edges.

4. Next is the fun part. Gather your images, print them off and cut them out. (Card or paper - whatever you prefer) Then open your book and arrange them how you want. Then glue them down and add a hipstery caption.

5. Lastly if you want you can decorate the page of frame the pictures with metallic sharpie or scrapbook accessories. I told you this wouldn't be A Beautiful Mess Standard haha. And then carry on for the rest of your life! I'm doing the instalments in months so this month is the December one and then so forth.

I hope you enjoyed this post and comment below if you want to join in.
Thanks for reading and I'll see you all soon. xx

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*