I'm Obsessed With Succulents...


-- One small step for succulents, one giant leap 
towards a better interior design --

I'm in Homebase and I make a beeline to the indoor plants section. I spot the beauties that are the succulents, and knowing I already have an aloe vera and a cacti, I pick up the purple/pink toned plant that I have decided will be in my room. £2.99? What a bargain. I stare at the flat fat leaves and think to myself 'what a beautiful pattern'. Yes, I know have a collection of succulents and thanks to the likes of a certain social media that allows you to envisage your future home, it won't be stopping any time soon.

I'm starting to think that I'll soon be practically a succulent farmer as well as a blogger if I don't get an apprenticeship soon. They're honestly so easy to care for and make your room effortlessly cooler. I mean, looking at the one I bought yesterday on my shelf just brings that essence of minimalism to my horrible wooden shelves. (I really want to invest into some classic white IKea ones soon)

This post has turned into some random rambling, but when you're stuck, you literally just write about anything. Really, this is a nod to last year when I was starting out and I wrote about anything and everything. But in all seriousness, if you've never considered the thought of having succulents in your room, now's the time to invest. If you can't look after a pet, then a plant is probably the next best thing.

5 reasons to get succulents:
1. They improve the air you breathe in.
2. They bring colour and life to your room.
3. They're super easy to keep and feed.
4. They're as cheap as chips.
5. They look amazing in blog photos - especially the cute little cacti!

I mean, they're just so photogenic aren't they?

Do you guys own any succulents?


6 Comentarios

  1. I'm a little in love with house plants in general! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have house plants around the house, but nothing compares to succulents in my opinion x

      Delete
  2. I don't own any succulents but I'm seeing them everywhere at the minute, and really want one (or a few) for my new bedroom! This one is so pretty, and just reading that they improve the air you breathe in, is an excuse in itself for me to pick one up. Lovely little post :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and I suggest if you live near a homebase, they do cute little ones in colourful pots!

      Delete
  3. I love succulents I think I own about 5 now? I stumbled across your blog after following you on instagram - and its literally amazing! I love your photos and photos so much x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! You just made my day x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*