Is The Makeup Revolution Soph X The Best New Staple Palette?


An impulse buy worth the pennies?

I never normally would go out and just buy a palette on a whim of sorts without doing a few bits of review research. But after watching two videos - one from a youtuber I like and one being from the girl who made the palette herself - Soph Does Nails - I immediately went into Superdrug and picked it up. And without batting an eyelid at the price...

I don't know when it was released (nor do I know how long it'll be out?) but all I know is that it looks soooo pretty. Makeup Revolution teamed up with Soph to bring the 'Soph X' palette. I don't watch her videos so it wasn't a buy because it was from her, but mainly because I LOVE eyeshadow palettes. Which I've come to realise from spending extortionate amounts to feed my love affair with them. And this one seemed right up my street.

With rose gold lettering on a nude matte packaging, it's a palette full of 24 shades which are generous in size - and you get a lovely big mirror in there as well. Thanks for adding that in Soph. You don't get a brush, but that's ok as I just use my Real Techniques one to apply shades anyway.


I'm very happy there's a good few shimmer shades as well as some matte, and as you guys can see in the picture above, the names are probably one of the best things about it. I particularly love 'Pug', 'Pumpkin', 'Fairy Lights' and 'Festive Fame'.

Now the true question is, are they worth the £10 and not just a product with a youtuber's name to it? Let me tell you, they are really pigmented. Obviously not as much as the likes of Too Faced, but it comes relatively close! 'Grow Old' goes really well with 'Pumpkin' in the crease and 'Mixed Berries' matches perfectly with 'Pink Champagne'.


You could easily say that this is a very autumnal palette, but as these colours are very me, it could also just be a general all year round palette. Though the one downside is that a couple of the gold shades do create a bit of fallout which is sad, but they cover the eyelid well and blend pretty easily.

Above is a few swatches with mainly shimmer shades, and as you can see the pigmentation is pretty good after a couple of swipes. Do I think it's worth the money? Yes, I would pay £10 for this. But obviously you won't get Anastasia Beverly Hills standard pigmentation , but you're on the right track to getting close. MR and Soph have done well with this and I'm so happy with the shades she's created!

Have you guys got this palette yet?


8 Comentarios

  1. I love how this palette looks and it's eyeshadow combination sooo much! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I can’t stop staring at it haha

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful palette, I was browsing on their website the other day and I was looking for swatches for this. And the price is great!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said it’s pigmented so really good quality for the price! I’m just a bit sad the shimmer gives a bit of fall out but I can easily get over it :)

      Delete
  3. I got her highlighter palette and I love it! Personally not a fan of the shades in the eyeshadow palette but im blown away with the glow and pigment of the highlighters, highly recommend it!


    Courtney xo | Lashes and Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound super amazing but I have too many highlighters in my life right now haha

      Delete
  4. I've only ever tried one eyeshadow palette from makeup revolution and I was disappointed with the pigmentation, but I guess you can't complain for the price - this does look so pretty though!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which palette was it? Because there's been others that have been bad from the brand, but this is definitely one of the best... xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*