A Few Things That Made My January


All the good things of the month

We're almost a complete month into the new year and I'm still writing '2017' on all my notes. I'm in denial of it being the next year, but even though we all hate the month of January - can Spring come already? - it's been a pretty exciting month so far for me! And I wanted to recount it all for you guys on my blog!

After publishing my previous post - which you can read here - I've realised how much I actually love my blog and what I want to share with you guys. So without further ado, here's what's made my month...

001: taking two weeks off: Apart from the illness that hit me like a crane at the end of last year and made me feel guilty for calling in sick to work and then going into my holiday, I'm glad I took the two weeks off at the beginning of 2018. It allowed me to recharge my batteries, reflect on deep things in my life and just enjoy my time with the family.

002: catching up with all my faves: While on my staycation holiday, I caught up with my friends who were going back to uni - or on a day off from work. And we went around town, ate all the food, went to the cinema, museums, etc. And I loved it! It was soooo good seeing everyone and it literally made my two weeks! :)

003: going back to work and doing exciting things: I then returned to work and I loved my first week back. I LOVE my job and I also signed up for some exciting events that I can't wait to do next month! Hopefully these will lead to career progression woo.

004: the greatest showman: As previously mentioned, I went to the cinema, and me and a friend saw the greatest showman which I have to say is already the BEST film of the year. I know we're only in Jan, but I'm obsessed with the soundtrack and it's such an empowering and positive musical film. And I will listen to it every day for the rest of the year.

005: reading all the books: I'll be doing a book post soon so keep your eyes peeled, but I really made the most of my spare time by reading all the new books I was gifted for Christmas. Not only is it so refreshing to escape from real life into fiction, but it made me take time away from my phone and social media and I was so grateful for it.

What made your month?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. I think having time to recharge at the start of the year is really important! I saw the greatest showman at the weekend and have to agree with you about it being the best film <3

    G is for Gingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and I’m so glad I took the holiday!! And I can’t wait for the DVD to come out haha

      Delete
  2. I really want to see the Greatest Showman! It does feel like a very positive and uplifting film. Exactly what we need to be happy in that awful January weather - I already can't wait for spring to arrive!

    Julia x
    www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!! Do go and see it!! And same I just want to see blossom everywhere already haha x

      Delete
  3. LOVE this post, girl! You have such a cute blog! And I'm 100% on board with The Greatest Showman being the best movie EVER...literally such a good soundtrack too!
    -Kate // www.classyandkate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank youuu <3 and yaaaay! It does I can't stop listening to it!! x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*