How To Be Mindful Without The Meditation


Take time to live well kids

I have to horribly admit something to you guys. I'm crap at meditation.

I have two books on how to be mindful and put meditation into practice into day to day life. But I can't do it - unless I'm having the MOST RELAXING bath ever with a Lush bomb. Then I can happily concentrate on the here and now. It's weird ok.

But it hit me recently, you don't have to meditate to be mindful. You can put it into practice into every day life without sitting on a mat for 20 minutes a day trying to concentrate on your breathing. Though there's nothing wrong with that! You do you!

And so I made a list and I came up with quite a few things that we can all do! So without further ado, read on my friends...


Have a slow morning

In the mornings, take time to enjoy breakfast without rushing it. Be slow in enjoying your cup of coffee and savor the flavour. And if you can, open a window to listen to any birdsong and take in your surroundings in the garden.

Relax to music in soapy suds

When taking a much needed bath (with a Lush product duh), avoid being on your phone and pick up a book instead, or play some music on the Calm app. I've had the app for yeaaars and I've only just discovered the music section lol, but there's amazing songs for how you want to feel. And just listening to it while in the tub relaxes me for the evening.

Lose yourself in baking treats

Bake! This is kind of a mindful thing because instead of taking a new and slightly complicated recipe, you can turn to one of your absolute favourites that you know off by heart. My go to is ALWAYS a batch of Tanya Burr's cookies! It's super easy and comforting to eat. This way, you can lose yourself in what you're doing which takes your mind of anything and that way making you calmer and more mindful woo.

Escape on a walk

Going for a walk in your favourite park or around the countryside is one of my faves. (If you can, you can rope your parents into driving to somewhere pretty) Without anything distracting you, you can take in your surroundings, smell the air - especially the flowers - and just enjoy the act of not heading anywhere in particular...

What's your favourite ways to be mindful?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. I love this concept, any lone task can be mindful if you think of it that way. My two favourites are putting my makeup on and taking it off at the end of the day, I find it so relaxing and something I can put my whole concentration into whilst thinking about nothing at the same time, bliss ✨Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE removing makeup after a long day it’s just so relaxing especially when you throw a face mask into the mix!!

      Delete
  2. I'm also crap at meditation haha - I don't know why, but my mind is so busy all the time and I can't disconnect from the world around me. However I love doing stuff like going on walks or reading in the park or in a cafe, it helps my mind to rest. Great post Fran!

    Julia x
    Last Post: Summer in Bath, UK | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/06/travel-summer-in-bath-uk.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an actual struggle!! Sometimes when I'm not in the mood for a walk, and if the weather is nice, I just sit out in the garden and look at the flowers and the sky for a bit... And thank youuu x

      Delete
  3. When I had therapy, I was told that absolutely anything can be done mindfully and its so true. You have to be at peace with yourself and take things at your own pace - I love this post!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! *hand clapping emoji* Another thing that is so true is having a clear space and clear mind. I've not read the book people raved about, I just naturally started to clear out and keep everything clean... And then I feel happy haha

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*