Does The Nyx Worth The Hype Mascara Live Up To Its Name?


Spilling the mascara tea...

I have to admit to you guys, it's taken me like a month to get this post together.

And that's because I really wanted to make this review good and give myself time to really test out the product.

If there's ever ONE thing I'm crap at reviewing. It's mascara. And I usually tend to just say 'oh this is really good' and then fall out of love with it weeks down the line. (The exception being the Benefit Bad Gal Bang)

Today kids, we're turning our attention to the latest mascara in my collection. The Nyx Worth The Hype. Which is basically already giving itself a huge reputation and makes me expect BIG THINGS.

Retailing at £9.00, it's quite a small mascara offering 7ml with plastic packaging so feels lightweight but *slightly* cheap. It would be good for travel though. But the product design is pretty cool - and you know me, I looooove a pop of pink somewhere.

As you can see in the pic above, the brush is quite big so it already looks like it might deliver the volume and length it claims to give... Or it could be an utter fail...

So shall, should we put it to the test??


Like I said, I've tried this for around a month, so here's my verdict.

It's okay.

In the pic above you can see it does coat my lashes well but I don't know if going straight to this from the Benefit one made my expectations too high. But gal, I see no volume and only length. I'm the kind of person that only adds one layer of mascara so IT IS good in the respect that you can put in minimal effort for minimal results - and you could add some more layers for a better result.

But for me, I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong I do like this mascara and I'm already considering repurchasing as I'm warming to the finish it gives my lashes, but it's quite tricky to get every lash with the huge brush.

Worth the hype??? If you like more natural looking lashes that are relatively quick to get then YES! But being fully honest with you, it's a good buy to get to try it out and see how it works for you, but my heart is with my beloved Maybelline Lash Sensational - and Benefit BGB.

(Now I'm wondering if I'm being biased because I want to try the Glossier Lash Slick haha)

Have you guys given this a whirl?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. I always swear by Max Factor mascaras :)

    x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never tried Max Factor ever... though I have to say Soap and Glory do lovely ones too x

      Delete
  2. I tried this mascara out for about a month or so and did enjoy using it but found it dried out quite quickly and like you say, doesn't compare to benefit badgal bang!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was just me that thought it was drying out so I never put it in this post! Glad I’m not the only one haha :)

      Delete
  3. The packaging is super cute but I love mascara that give me length and volume as well. Love NYX products though so will probably have to test this mascara out for myself, I am in the market for a natural looking mascara as all of mine are false lash effect ones!

    Heather | x Highland Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah please do! Sometimes I love this for the effect because I’ve recently wanted natural looking lashes with less makeup because of the weather but the brush just felt like it lied to me with the results haha! But I’m going to try and add more layers and see if there’s any difference! :)

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*