Why I Don't Feel A Pressure To Blog Anymore


Just going along with the ride

Blogging, in recent years, has become one of the most popular mediums of writing reviews, sharing fashion and giving opinions.

And some blogs can even rival other mainstream medium sites with how quick info can be shared. ESPECIALLY when it's about a must have makeup item...

It's the best hobby I could ever ask for. But in recent years I've drastically - I think (and hope) - improved on my content and changed how often I publish a post. I'm not one of those bloggers aspiring to be the biggest and best and to have it as a career. And that's totally ok.

I don't want to be the next big social media star. But a girl does dream. Occasionally haha.

Back in 2014, I would post maybe two posts every day because it was such a new cool thing. And I couldn't get over how many ways you could change the layout and header of my blog. Thankfully, I've settled into a theme and header I looooove.

Forward four years (omg), and I'm posting every two/three days, maybe less. I panicked at first that I wasn't posting enough and everyone would leave me. That hasn't happened. And I found a nice little rhythm of posting every once in a while when I can. I realise now that it's stupid because this is my blog and hobby. I do have a life and this isn't my job where I need to post to earn revenue and stuff.


To be completely honest, I'm cool with being stuck on the same similar statistics every month. It doesn't set a panic in me. I'm doing this blog for me, my current readers and no one else. And if someone new wants to join my little colourful space and keep up with my posts, then they're welcome!

Also, engagement.

I hate feeling like I have to constantly comment on other blog posts, clear my broken links, etc. I just want to have a point in the week where I feel like I want to read blog posts and comment something genuine. And with my own blog maintenance. I'll probably do it once a year haha.

I'm just enjoying taking breaks when I want, not feeling the pressure to CONSTANTLY update my blog. And just be happy I haven't fallen out of love with this amazing hobby, and still feeling the thrill to share what I have to say in a post with you guys. Be it life, beauty, travel, etc.

Sooo, here's to the next few month (and years) of pressure free blogging! *clinks glass*

Have you guys gotten into a chilled blogging routine?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. I've loved your blog for so long now Fran and I'm sure I'll forever continue to read it, you always do such an amazing job!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot coming from you! Your blog has ALWAYS been a fave of mine! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely read! We can tell you found your rhythm with blogging, and it's great that you are satisfied with your work on your blog. I always love reading your posts and I enjoy this new content you create :)

    Julia x
    Last Post: The Lace Midi | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/fashion-lace-midi.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you liked it Julia! <3 And thank you so much xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post! And I relate to your words so much! I agree, I'm happy to be on the same statistics. I've always felt this pressure that you have to do this and do that in order to have this amount of views and engagement and all that kind of thing and I used to get so bogged down by it that it would just put me off blogging completely. For me, blogging will always be a hobby, I don't think it would ever become a full time thing for me, so hats off to those who do haha and I don't always have the time and dedication to doing all the SEO friendly, broken links, media kits. I wouldn't even know where to start tbh haha. Whereas now I know I don't blog very often but when I do, I know it's because I genuinely want to share something and I feel much happier with the content I put out and that's ok, every one is different and that's what makes blogging so interesting :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEEESSS KATE! So happy you liked this and feel the same way! xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*