Spring Baking: Blueberry And Lemon Loaf


Get your bake on!

While at home, I kept thinking about this loaf that my friend baked and shared on her instagram last week... It looked so moist and delicious that I had to message her and ask for the recipe - which she did!

It's a SUPER yummy looking Blueberry and Lemon Loaf (I don't know if it's called that, but I thought I'd name it that) which my friend got off one of her mutual friends on insta (who's apparently insta famous now - what??).

SOOOOO, this recipe is technically her friend's - I think. And I couldn't resist, while being at home, baking this one afternoon. And yes, I managed to get some ingredients in my weekly food shop yay!

If you want to try this out yourself, then look to the recipe below...

001: ingredients:

170g caster sugar
150g melted butter
2 tablespoons honey
100g greek yoghurt
zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
225g self raising flour
150g fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon baking powder
icing sugar
water
juice of half a lemon

002: method:

1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees fan and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.

2. Melt the butter on a low heat and set aside. Weigh all ingredients (except flour, baking powder and blueberries) and put into a bowl. Add the butter and whisk until light and smooth.

3. Then gently fold in the flour, baking powder and blueberries gradually in a figure of eight until fully combined.

4. Pop in the oven until baked through and golden brown. (FYI the recipe said 50 mins to 1 hour - but found I had to bake it for 1 hour and 10 - so keep this in mind!)

5. Leave loaf to cool completely then add in three tablespoons of icing sugar to a bowl, some water, the juice of half a lemon and stir until right consistency. The recipe didn't give specific amount so it was trial and error for me haha.

6. Serve and enjoy with beverage of choice!

Will you give this a whirl?

Follow

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*