Spring, Chanel and Macaroons


What do you get when you mix sunshine, sweet treats and beautiful scenery? An amazing day out in London with friends! I was very excited to go out the other day, as usually, days out in London involve a great big Canon camera and restricted planned routes for photography coursework. But we were free and could go crazy on our adventures! (In other words: walk all the way from South Bank to Chinatown, then hop on a train to Convent Garden)

It was nice to take a break from my A Level revision, as I've been stressing out over that for the past two weeks. We were planning on staying in the Chinatown area but I had an impulse to venture to Convent Garden. I hadn't been there in four years, when I went to the Ritz and then basically trecked all the way to the market. And after lending my friend money, we caught a train and went.

On arrival, I swear I became so excited that I ran into the first nice looking shop i saw. (Incidently being MAC) But as I spent all my money on Starbucks and books over the past week, I was literally broke to buy anything. Which was quite heart breaking as I saw a gorgeous coral lipstick. (And I had to force myself to leave) Not far away, I spotted Chanel and Burberry and I basically took pictures of the logos and the flowers outside, while passers by judged me. But the best thing of all was... the macaroons!

Laduree's sign gleamed in the sunlight and the window displays beckoned me in. And then I ended up buying a chocolate macaroon for £1.75. There were so many flavours to choose from and the memory of the Ritz macaroons took over and I needed to have the experience again. And it did not disappoint. It was rich and soft as well as the slightest crunch, and I wish I had more money so I could buy the whole shop.

The rest of the day involved walking around and getting lost trying to find our way back to Waterloo.

But all in all, it was a fantastic day and I would honestly do it all over again! And now excuse me while I go back to daydreaming about those macaroons...

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*