Recipe | Double Chocolate Cupcakes


Please do feast your eyes on the cupcakes I made today. I haven't baked since Summer, which is quite sad, and  as I was watching velvetgh0st's video the other day on Youtube, I wanted to do it again. I don't know why, but I find it calming to make something from scratch, it's like therapy, you can forget about the crap in your life and focus on mixing and measuring. So, I took her recipe, which she got from a recipe book and changed it herself, and decided to use the measurements and make something that I would love. Voila. A triple chocolate cupcake! It includes a chocolate sponge, chocolate sauce and two chocolate buttons. (All Cadbury because, admit it, it's the best brand in the Universe) I'm dying to share the recipe with you all, so here it is:

*Makes 10-12 cupcakes*

Ingredients:
- 115g Caster Sugar
- 115g Self Raising Flour
- 115g Softened Butter (I used Margarine)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Table Spoons of Cocoa Powder
- 2 packets of Cadbury Giant Buttons

Tools:
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk
- Scales
- Sieve
- Wooden Spoon
-  2 Bowls
- Pan
- Cupcake Baking Tin
- Cupcake Cases
-  Metal Spoons (Table, Tea, the lot - you wouldn't believe how many I used!)

Method:
1. Firstly, set your oven to 180 degrees celcius (Gas Mark 4), then put two table spoons of the cocoa powder into one of the bowls, and add two table spoons of hot water. Mix together till a liquid and leave to the side.
2. Measure out the butter and caster sugar. Put them in the bowl and mix with the whisk.
3. Crack the two eggs and add them in and whisk as well. Get the bowl of cocoa powder, that's now liquid, and scoop it into the mixture. Whisk until brown.
4. Measure the flour and using a sieve, put a bit in the bowl, and using a wooden spoon, fold the flour in so the mixture becomes light. Do this three times, till the flour is gone.
5. Get your cupcake baking tray and cases, and using a spoon, put a table spoon of the mixture into each case. What's left, scoop in generously to random cups.
6. Put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. When they're done, take them out, and leave to cool for up to 30 minutes. It's hard, but hold back.
8. While you're waiting, boil the kettle, put the hot water into a pan on the stove. Put a bowl in the pan, but make sure it doesn't touch the water. Open the packs of chocolate, but leave 24 buttons for the top of the cakes, and then put the rest in the bowl and melt. Stir regularly.
9. When it's melted, add a spoonful to each cake. Leave for a bit, then join two buttons together and place in the middle of the cupcake. Repeat for each one. (See my photos for an example)
10. Leave to set, and then it's done. Enjoy, and relish in the delight that is a chocolate cupcake.

I loved how my ones turned out, they were fluffy and so moist and not too rich. Nom nom. I'm planning to share the delight with my friends tomorrow hehe.

--

velvetgh0st's video:


--

Do you guys like baking, and would you bake this? :)

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*