Recipe | Gooey Double Chocolate Cookies


-- These are actually too good to eat
and lucky I made twelve --

Hola my loves, this afternoon I made some double chocolate cookies which were inspired by Vivanna Does Makeup - and you can see the original post here. I thought these were actually better than the ones I posted about previously, and if you remember it then you get a cookie haha. These were not only more gooey but they were amazingly soft in the middle, and there was the perfect amount of chocolate inside. I've tweaked the recipe Anna provided, but if you don't like what I did you can just refer to hers.

Ingredients:
200g unsalted butter
300g caster sugar
2 medium eggs (Anna did one large one)
275g self raising flour
75g cocoa powder (I used the Cadbury Bournville)
two regular packets of Cadbury Milk Chocolate
a dash of milk if needed

Method:
Note: Leave the butter out for half an hour to go to 
room temperature so it's easier to mix with the sugar.
- Preheat the oven at Gas Mark 7 / 220 degrees celcius - or 200 degrees celcius if you have electric (yeah, I'm old fashioned - please don't judge)
- Measure the butter and caster sugar, dump it into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Crack the eggs, throw in and whisk into the mixture.
- Then measure the self raising flour and cocoa powder and mix in together. There's no need for sieving.
- After mixing, you should have some dough that's hard to mix. and is in a big lump. If it's not and it's all crumbly, just add the dash of milk and whizz again. (The milk was only for emergencies like these)
- Then open the packets of chocolate, break the pieces and throw them in.
- Make sure your hands are clean, as then you need to turn over the mixture and mix in the chocolate pieces to make it evenly spread out.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper, then take small amounts of the dough and shape it into a ball. Place on the tray, and make sure it's evenly spread out. The mixture should make 12 cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Take them out, leave to cool for half an hour and enjoy.

If you tried this recipe out, do tell me how it goes :) x

8 Comentarios

  1. woah, they look amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and they tasted amazing too haha x

      Delete
  2. I really like making Vivianna's cookies - I made them here: http://hearting.co.uk/2014/09/triple-chocolate-cookies/ xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check your post out, and I think this is my favourite cookie recipe ever :)

      Delete
  3. I really like making Vivianna's cookies - I made them here: http://hearting.co.uk/2014/09/triple-chocolate-cookies/ - yummy yum yum! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hehe they're all gone and they tasted amazing! :) x

      Delete
  5. These look soooo good. I love baking cookies, so much easier than cakes as you dont need to faff about with tins, just splodge them out! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*