The AB Book Club #1


-- Welcome to a lovely new series that I hope brings
 a new taste to my blog --

In honesty, I've had a bit of a reading block, if you can call it that, I've just been overwhelmed by work this year that the only books I've read is for English Literature. If I do have a break, it's straight to Instagram and Tumblr. I used to be such a bookworm, and I feel quite sad I hardly read now. So, I thought I would encourage myself to read more by creating a book club, a blog book club, so I can read a book a month and recommend it to you. I've forgotten what half of them are about so it would be lovely to get into them again. I also hope this series encourages you do read too, and you can get a taste of what I like.

The first book for this month is The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. It seems cliche to say it's a coming of age story, but really it's about a young girl called Rose who can taste emotions in food. I don't want to say much, but it starts off with her Mum's Lemon Chocolate cake on her ninth birthday, and once she takes a bite, she can taste her Mother's emotions.And after that, every meal that Rose eats reveals the emotions of the person who made it. Having read this three times, it's honestly one of my favorites, and you'll be glad to hear it's in the adult fiction section. I found it funny and sad at the same time, and there's a shocking moment that I had to read over again.

A word of warning, you might be unsettled by the style of writing as there are no speech marks, but once you get passed that you will be sucked into the story.  I fell in love with Rose's character and I think Bender has a lovely style of writing, it makes for an easy read and if you hate taking too long reading a book, you will probably like this one.

I hope you will like the following series, I will try and be more detailed in the posts as this is my first, and if you read any books I recommend, do let me know what you think! :) x

2 Comentarios

  1. I love this idea! I think there should really be more bloggers talking about books! I'm actually doing a post on books this week too!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg what a coincidence haha I can't wait to see what you have to offer :) x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*