Drugstore Vs High Street: Cleansers


-- Treat your skin to goodness --

I feel like there's now so many skincare brands and products out there it can be pretty confusing choosing which one to go for first or even stick to religiously. No matter what skin type you have, there's always the cult favourites and new ones that are being drummed into your head that theirs is the best for you. I thought today I would set the record straight and put two of my favourite cleansers to the test. Welcome to the ring the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and Lush 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion.

Round One: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water:
Priced at around £5, it claims to last for over 200 uses which is a big statement to make to us. When applied, it really is like water and you have to be careful not to soak a cotton pad too much with it - though it's pretty easy to shake out a controlled amount. It's amazing for removing the main layer of makeup off, especially the eye makeup which I've struggled in doing with other products. Though it doesn't take every bit of makeup off on the first pad, even the second brings off even more makeup. And I don't know if that's because I wear too much or my cotton pads are rubbish compared to what others say. But in all, for a drugstore product it's really good, but I might have to disagree on the 200 uses promise from the brand.

Round Two: Lush 9 to 5 Cleanser:
This one is a little more luxurious with the price tag of £9.95 and it's not one for you to use like it's running out of date the next day. Compared to the other product, this one is super creamy and moisturising while taking off the makeup. One pad of the cleanser brings out more makeup than the Micellar Water, though a second picks up the last bits and makes my skin feel nourished and clean. With actual natural ingredients like dove orchid extract and almond oil, this one is great for dry skin and brightening up your complexion. It also smells really nice which is a huge bonus haha.

Round Three: The Verdict:
Even though both are pretty good for what you pay for, I'm going to have to stick with my beloved Lush. Not only does 9 to 5 actually cleanse the skin but as a lotion, it softens it and prepares it well for toning. Both cleansers do use two whole pads to remove makeup, however I actually find that the Lush one removes it more easily and effectively which is what I like from a cleanser. But of course, if you want to stick to good ol' drugstore, then I would say Garnier would be the best one to go for!

What are your favourite cleansers at the moment?

8 Comentarios

  1. I've never bought any high-street cleansers before just because I don't have the budget, so I've always stuck to drugstore products for taking my makeup off. I went poking around for the Garnier Micellar Water a few days ago but I can't find it anywhere where I live, so that's a bummer. When I do have the budget, though, I think I'll definitely go for high-street stuff!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw no that's a shame :( and you should, it's honestly worth the money :D

      Delete
  2. I love & use both of these products almost daily I have for years! They're both so inoffensive, do their job without any grim side effects. :)

    Katie // wordsbykatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my skin, even though it's normal, feels even softer now when using 9 to 5!

      Delete
  3. Oo I haven't seen the Lush cleanser before, I really like the sound of it. Definitely need to test it out next time I'm in store. I use Garnier at the moment, but mostly out of the easiness to buy it xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go and try it or maybe get a sample first from Lush to be sure you want it! (I forgot to mention you can do that in the post!)

      Delete
  4. I have used the Garnier Micellar Water before but I think that the Lush 9 to 5 cleanser is a lot better overall. Recently I have been using the Starcraft cleanser by the Lush Kitchen which is the same kind of concept and love it! Lovely written post :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to buy that but I missed out :( Maybe next time it's in the kitchen I'll try it x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*