Worth The Hype? Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara


A new fave or flop?

I have to be honest with you guys. I hardly ever buy products from Benefit. I've found perfect dupes for the POREFessional primer and Rollerlash mascara with Soap and Glory and Maybelline. But when the Bad Gal Bang mascara was launched, I was intrigued to try another product from the brand.

Not going to lie, I completely missed the hype around it that everyone was talking about, and I only saw that it existed when youtubers started including it in their first impressions videos.

After a few videos watched, and loads of glowing reviews - even though the launch event was a let down when everyone thought it was something Benefit have never released before. But, knowing they've apparently worked on this mascara for years, I get they wanted a huge hype around it.

So, is it worth all the attention and the £21.50 I parted with??

To cut a long story short. I'm sitting on the fence. I LOVE my Maybelline Lash Sensational so much and it gives me perfect lashes, but I liked the idea that the BGB would give me more defined and 'spidery' lashes.

Mascara is just my favourite.

In the pic below, this is the mascara with two layers.


I have to say, it does create the effect, but it seems to not look as good on me as on other people. I thought I would be getting amazing fuller and longer lashes - as other people seem to be in their videos.

BUT, I will say each lash does look thicker which I loooove. Also the packaging is really cool!

Will I make a repurchase? I'm not so sure. It won't be my holy grail as £21.50 is too expensive to be spending every time it dries out, but as a treat to myself, I'm not gutted I spent that amount.

It does what it says on the tin, but whether it'll become a general cult beauty fave could be another question... (And whether it turns up in a future beauty post on here haha)

Have you guys tried the new Benefit mascara?

Follow

8 Comentarios

  1. So glad you did this post as I have wanted to try it after seeing the reviews, but like you was on the fence. I feel the same about benefit, it's not one of my go to brands and I don't think some of their products at worth the hype. After seeing your post I don't think I'll be giving it a go as there are other products out their spending my pennies on.

    Thanks for the review and photos.

    Katie xx
    www.amikatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re very welcome! I’m glad my review helped you come to a conclusion!! :) x

      Delete
  2. It's really interesting to see how the mascara looks on your lashes, because from what I've seen in other bloggers' vlogs of the launch, the mascara did look so awesome! However I'm not sure now whether it's actually worth the hype. And as you said, it's quite easy to get some good dupes of Benefit products... So I'll wait to hear more opinions before risking trying it out! Thanks for sharing your honest review :)

    Julia x
    www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Maybe my lashes are weird but I’ve grown used to it and am kind of digging it now but like I said, when this is dried I probably won’t buy it again! I think I prefer the too faced better than sex if I’m spending a bit more on mascara!

      Delete
  3. I really want to try these new benefit mascara since i such a fan from the brand but i think the they'real mascara it's still my favourite mascara from they.

    https://missvanessapt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve not tried that one! My fave high end is too faced :) x

      Delete
  4. I just don't love it and I really wanted to. It makes my lashes way too clumpy but I love the drama xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get where you’re coming from and I do find it travels down by the outer corners of my eyes which is sad! I’ve only just noticed it recently :(

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*