My First Ever Glossier Order (Oooh)


Finally getting on that bandwagon

Today I'm coming at you with an exciting beauty review! Well, I hope you feel that way too because it's super duper exciting for me anyway - as I've been DYING to get my hands on some Glossier products...

The other week I finaaally gave in and did a little order. And I have to say I was pretty impressed.

Prior to the order, I spent practically the majority of this year finding reviews, oohing and aaahing over whether to do it and really deciding what would be best for me and my skin. And most importantly what I want out of the products.

Though to be honest, I think I took so long the hype of Glossier is now dead. Tell me I'm wrong though.

After much deliberation, I went for three products. Because it's good to start small right? And heeere's what I think of them...

001: the packaging:
Can we just talk about how cute and aesthetically pleasing the whole parcel from Glossier can be?? One of the reasons why I was excited for my order to come (apart from everything being pink) was because I knew my products would not only come in the amazing trademark bubblewrap makeup bag - that I'm legit going to be using 24/7. But there would also be stickers. Yes, stickers that made me feel like a primary school kid again. And I'm living for it!

002: wowder powder in light/medium:
My Rimmel powder was coming to an end, so I decided to get the Wowder powder in light/medium. I totally sold on the packaging design. I do love a bit of pop art. I was quite worried though that it would be too dark for me as I've read reviews from people saying so.

But you don't know until you try... And I'm happily surprised! It's not only a really nice lightweight consistency that you puff up through the little bit of netting. (I felt SO FANCY doing that haha) It's a lovely shade that's not too dark - even for my under eyes - and blends really well into my skin and leaves it feeling really nice and soft.

003: lash slick mascara:
When this came out, I knew I had to get my hands on it. Not only is it a pretty good size - about the same as the Nyx WTH one I reviewed here - but it has an amazing skinny little wand that's perfect for getting eveeeery lash! After two easily applied layers, it creates a lovely natural finish but you also look like you are wearing mascara. Does that even make sense? It's not an immediate favourite, but I'm happy I bought it to try out.

004: balm dot com in birthday suit:
I know this is legit only a lip balm. But (1.) it tastes a bit like birthday cake and (2.) it smells like birthday cake. And not like a sickly sweet kind. But the good kind that I just want to EAT THE LIP BALM. It's really nourishing on my lips but I feel it's a little small for the price, but I will happily make this a staple for my bag while it lasts.

005: here's my verdict kids:
Sooo what do I think of Glossier?? I do really think what I paid was what I got in terms of quality. Not only does the makeup bag keep your products safe, but it's so good you can keep it. It's a free perk!

I also got to choose a free product sample, so I went for the milky jelly cleanser. I haven't included it in this review as I haven't even used it yet. Sorry.

Glossier just smash it with packaging and overall aesthetics. And because I only ordered what I felt I needed, I'm looking forward to giving these products some love. Especially the lip balm and powder. The mascara? It's nice to try it but I'll probably stick to drugstore options.

Glossier, you're just about grappling for my whole heart.

Have you guys got any Glossier products?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. I'm still not too sure what to think of Glossier. I haven't really felt like trying them out, and I've read both positive and mixed reviews. The packaging sure looks great, and the powder sounds quite nice too! Will you share your thoughts on the cleanser once you try it out? I hope you will! :)

    Julia x
    Last Post: How To Focus in a Digital World | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/lifestyle-how-to-focus-and-concentrate.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think it's one of those brands that you'd only order from if you're running low on something and you want a change of brand... And I will! I'm debating whether to put it at the end of a favourites as like a side review or make a whole post about it...

      Delete
  2. The little pink pouches that the glossier products come in, is the most handy thing ever! I use mine for travelling all the time and it helps that they're super cute. I really want to try out the balm dot com - sounds fab!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going away in September so I'll be using mine for travel for sure! :D And it's actually really good! Plus it's perfect for popping in my handbag! Kind of wish I ordered more hehe x

      Delete
  3. I still haven't tried anything from Glossier mainly because it was so hyped and usually I tend to wait until the hype dies down a bit. Otherwise I feel like I've only bought the products because of the hype and not because I want to you know? I do love the packaging! It's so minimalistic and a dream to photograph. Maybe I'll try Glossier later this year! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the cleanser :)x

    Anu | Based On blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel you, that's kind of why I waited a bit too :)

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*