A Few Things I Loved During Winter


What's kept me happy during the cold months

I thought I'd do something a little different on my blog (If I do decide to keep up with it) and do my favourites for every season.

Cos' if I'm honest, I'm not buying as much as I used to anymore - and I still love the things I mentioned in previous favourites posts lol.

Soooo, this post is full of post Christmas treats and classic obsessions...

001: possession - a.s. byatt:
I mentioned I picked up this book in my last book blog post (read here for more plot line details) and I said that having read that this was waaaaay better than The Children's Book and I have to say I agree. This novel consumed me in a plot of two scholars studying two poets and come together when one of them discovers letters that link them in a romantic way.

Set in the 80's, with the two scholars going on a journey of seeing the truth through the mystery, the novel also includes tastes of the poetry and letters the characters who lived in the Victorian times. In all, I read this so quick and is an instant fave.

002: impress press on nails:
I bought a set in the summer, loved them, and then picked up these pretty iridescent ones for Christmas Day. And the great news? I had enough nails to wear another set for when I was on holiday in January! Wooo.

I can't be bothered with glue on nails, and these were super easy to press on and they last for ages. (A week each time to be precise!) So do believe all the influencers who have paid partnerships with this brand.

003: revolution pro mischief mattes eyeshadow palette:
You've seen me rave about this palette before. It's perfect for creating summer looks - or general bright looks to bring some colour to the dark cold winter days! I've experimented so much with this beautifully pigmented palette. I have to say the colours do blend to a dull colour, so they're best applied with fingers and then lightly blended. A perfect Morphe dupe.

004: lush mint julips lip scrub:
A true classic in my opinion for making the lips hydrated and smooth ready for any lipstick or lip balm! Tasting like after eights with caster sugar, jojoba oil and peppermint. I can't go a day without using this every morning...

005: skinnydip london purse:
A rare impulse purchase and how could I resist this holographic purse?? The only ones I've owned in recent years has been Cath Kidston ones. So it was a nice change to get this in the Black Friday sale last year. It's perfect for all my points cards and cash and I feel so cool whenever I pull it out haha.

006: zoella beauty cosmic range:
The spa collection gift set from Zoe was reduced to £15 after Christmas so how could I not snag a box up?? EVERYTHING in the set is gorgeous and so lovely! I particuarly love the foaming scrub as it's not too harsh on the skin and perfect for using before the body whip cream. Plus the scent of vanilla and peppermint is to die for...

What did you guys love in Winter?

Follow

7 Comentarios

  1. Great post, I would love to see this series continue! I had something similar in mind for my own blog, but haven’t quite got round to it. I enjoyed your mixed range of favourites, and having colourful things in winter can be such a mood booster. That skinnydip purse looks lovely, I think a treat once in a while is a good thing. I’ve been enjoying some herbal teas I received for Christmas, and have been working my way through them, I’m currently using Twinning’s Lemon Drizzle Green Tea. Hope you’re having a good week! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Helen! 💕 I’m glad you liked my faves too and that tea sounds amazing! 😛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skinnydip purse!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s so cute isn’t it?? I was like a magpie because i saw it so shiny and I thought ‘I need this!’ 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that Revolution palette looks amazing, so many bright shades in one palette xx


    GemmaEtc.com ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, it's one of the only palettes I've fallen in love with recently from the brand! It's perfect for getting creative with!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*