6 Ways To Relax And Self Care On A Gloomy Day


Giving yourself some 'me time'!

We've all been there. There's one good bright sunny day that's still near below freezing, and then there's a week of darkness, gloom and just a load of rain. How British can you get with this weather?? So, if you've booked off holiday, have a day off or just moping around feeling unmotivated for your blog, then, my friend, I think it's time to give yourself an excuse to self care and relax. Because after you could be feeling on top of the world and ready to tackle anything! Here's six ways in which you can do that...

001: Blast some music and declutter your space:
If I can't write any posts and my mind is just mush, I need to feel productive in some way. Putting up the volume on a favourite album while getting down to the mess you've created is the best answer. Not only will your favourite artist put you in a good mood while you sing along and tidy up, you'll have a lovely clean space you'll want to immediately chill or work in! It's a win-win!

002: Put the fire on, brew some tea and read a book:
Don't stress about work, if the weather is screaming for this situation, then give in and do it. An hour of low lighting, a warm fire and a good brew and book is amazing for helping you sink into the depths of hygge. (*whispers* though my favourite drink is a good ol' cup of coffee hehe)

003: Binge watch YouTube with some snacks:
Now this is my favourite one! If you've had a lot of work and are behind LOADS of videos, it's always good to create a 'watch later' playlist. Once you're ready to catch up, gather some snacks - twiglets and cheddars are my fave - and settle down for a serious session of binge watching. It does make you feel better by the end - promise!

004: Have a relaxing luxury bath:
What makes this bath 'luxury' is the fact that you're going to throw in (maybe) a Lush bath product or two, bath salts and even an oil! You deserve it my friend. And there will also be use of a scrub and a body lotion to finish it off. You could either have a spa music playlist, read a book or, like mentioned previously, catch up on videos with snacks. Though I wouldn't want my cheddars covered in bubbles...

005: Light a few candles to bring the mood up:
I hope, like me, you're a candle obsessive and when it comes to gloomy days, you want to get out your whole collection and burn it! I tend to go for comforting scents like cotton or bright like grapefruit. A current favourite is a Cath Kidston grapefruit and ginger candle - which is new in for spring/summer oooohh. You could do all the previous activities with a candle burning, or get some work done in a cosy environment.

006: If you want to go out, visit a favourite cafe or gallery:
Lastly, if you're really not feeling like a homebody, because that's ok! Getting out on a gloomy day to be surrounded by fellow humans is also refreshing. You could even take a book or laptop. My top favourites are going to a coffee shop for a bit of cake and a top notch latte while I sink into their sofas and veg out, or immerse myself in culture by going to a brightly lit gallery. It's quiet because everyone is thoughtful, if they are even trying to think of the message behind the art, and therefore chilled.

What do you guys like doing on a gloomy day?

Follow

6 Comentarios

  1. i love cosy days, having a bath with a bath bomb is one of my favourite ways to relax x

    www.sonias-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saaaammeeee (as you can tell hehe) I might even have a bath tonight hmmmm :D

      Delete
  2. This is exactly what I needed today!

    Parie x
    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I'm so happy it helped you lovely xx <3

      Delete
  3. I loved this post! On a gloomy day I tend to stay at home and put some music on, as you suggested. When I want my me-time to be productive, I listen to uplifting, fun music and it instantly gives me motivation! I love going to museums too, when I lived in Paris a few months back I went to the Louvre on my own as often as I could, it was a real treat to spend some time looking at art and reflecting, in my little bubble!

    Julia x
    Last post: L'Oréal Pure Clay Detox Mask Review | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/review-loreal-pure-clay-detox-mask.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm so glad we're on the same page! I sometimes like going to the National Gallery/Tate Modern on my own if I also want to feel inspired :) x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*