Tips On Creating The Perfect Seasonal Down Time


Getting cosy af


When autumn is officially here and the days are out of nowhere VERY short. It's natural for us to all want to hibernate for the rest of eternity...

Anyone finding it already so difficult to get up in the mornings??

Having brought out my winter duvet again (aaah I'm just SO toasty at night now) and new fairy lights - since my last ones blew on me lol - I thought why not share some tips with you guys on how to create a perfect setting for down time in this cosier season...

And what you can do in it too!!

001: get all your throws and duvets out:
Until I brought out my winter duvet, I didn't realise how cosy and comforting it is to snuggle under something heavy and warm. I feel like I'm protected and SUPER relaxed. This is where duvet days take on a whole new level from here...

002: aaaaaall the candles:
Bringing out all the seasonal candles is a must! Even if they're just there for decoration it does at that extra cosy vibe to a space. TK Maxx for me is the mothership of seasonal candles - their offering of pumpkin spice and fir tree scented products is on point!!

003: low lighting all the way:
I very much LIVE for the lifestyle of hygge (check out a post I did on it here) and low lighting like fairy lights and lamps is a must for me. When the evening or dark rainy days come, low warm lights can make a space feel so so cosy and a perfect companion for lazy days.

004: netflix and snacks:
When you've set up your perfect nest for the season, the next thing to do is find something to watch (a film or tv show) along with some snacks - and a compulsory coffee/tea! Cake or chocolate is a top option for me, especially in the evening. You can always go for a healthy snack!

In terms of viewing options... here are my faves at the moment...

  • any horror film available
  • The Good Place - for a good lighthearted laugh
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
  • Haunted (real life paranormal stories)
  • Bake Off - all the old seasons!
  • Derry Girls

005: read a book (under the duvet):
Alternatively, you can pass the time with a good read. Which is what I've pretty much been doing myself for most of the evenings when I've been bored of Netflix haha... A good autumnal themed read is a great place to start - and I'll be doing a post soon on a few of my faves!!

Is this the kind of thing you love doing?

Follow

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*