The Positivity Post! {Things That Bring Joy This Year}


Spread joy this season!

Ok, I'm gonna be real here.

This post is also mainly for my benefit as this year has NOT been the one for me. I was so excited for the new decade - and 2020 had a nice ring to it! But obviously it hasn't panned out that way...

For the past few months, my mental health has taken a nose dive, and I'm typing this post to not only encourage myself to think positively - but also to inspire you guys to create your own list if you're in the same boat!

ALSO! The featured photo was from last year when life was good and we didn't have to wear masks lmao...

  • Feeling more connected to friends! I'm not just talking Zoom... I'm talking being able to see friends in person and checking in with them. This year is WEIRD, so asking how your friends are and taking the time out to talk is so important.
  • In a crazy time, it's nice to appreciate small things! The taste of that good pizza, painting nails, creating a favourite makeup look and even treating yourself to a syrup filled latte - because you can!
  • Self care - not just in a bubble bath! For me, my physical health has been one of my main focuses this past few months and it's been helping to balance my mental health a bit. Of course a face mask and a bubble bath is amazing too.
  • Getting closer to that reading goal! With slightly more time on our hands, (I mean who is actually going fully away right now?), it's been sweet doing more reading and escaping to fictional places.
  • Watching a favourite tv show! There's SO MANY good shows right now! Losing yourself in a good show makes you feel good. And my own faves are: The Umbrella Academy, 60 Days In, Ratched.
  • Discovering a new baking recipe! This is what I'm planning to do. But the general act of baking is so good as you are concentrating on something you can eat and enjoy later! I can't wait to bake my gingerbread loaf soon...
  • Escaping in a hobby that brings a smile! It can be solving puzzles, illustration, playing video games (Animal Crossing! hehe), walking, gardening, etc. Dive in to these and take a moment to forget about the world events.
What brings you positivity?


0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*