A Few Positive Things To Do This Week To Make Yourself Feel Good


Bring some sunshine to your life

Hiya everyone! How are you doing?

I'm going to throw it out there, this feels like the strangest self isolation/lock-down ever. As in, when the first official one happened in March I was an ACTUAL couch potato. Whereas this time around, it feels like an extended holiday from my week off at at the start of the year.

"But what's different?" You may be asking me right now...

Well, firstly I think psychologically, because lock-down started as soon as 2021 started, I still think I can smash this year and I made some goals for what I want to achieve.

Because of that I feel more productive. Buuuuut, I also have decided to set out a proper routine for myself and some lovely habits to keep myself occupied. And I'm here to share with you guys the positive things I'm doing right now!

001: starting the day off with some exercise!
Back in August, I really got into doing little exercises. And I've got into such a routine that I do exercise most days and feel weird when I haven't had my morning coffee and done my work out.

(If you want to do a little exercise too, I highly recommend Lucy Wyndham-Read, who has amazing work outs that do not include crunches on the floor or annoying burpees. Hence why I've managed to keep it up for so long!)

002: mentally setting myself goals for the day!
After my work out, I think about what I want to do to make the most of my staying at home period. It could be writing a blog post, starting a piece of art or watching something.

003: taking some time to work on my illustration!
I really want to work hard and make something out of my new found love. I've been practicing for a year now, and spending the afternoon/early evening working on pieces I'm proud of makes me feel like I'm achieving something personally.

You don't have to do anything digital, sketching or doodling is just as mindful and helps you feel relaxed.

004: making a good head start in my reading challenge!
I set myself a goal for reading 80 books this year, and to make the most of this time, I really wanted to make a dent in my goal. As of publishing this post, I am currently on book 7 of 80. And I've just got a lovely fresh haul of books from Waterstones to enjoy yaaaay.

Reading also (as you guys probably know!), helps to take your mind off things. And ESPECIALLY with this current situation, it's really helping!

005: connecting more with friends!
I made a promise to myself to keep in touch with my friends this year. And a few of us have make a routine of weekly video chats with snacks, drinks and games. If I'm being completely honest, it's one of the highlights of my week! And of my whole social life haha.

What positive thing are you planning to do?

Follow

0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*