My Top Tips On Creating Your Own Fun Illustrations


Get your creative juices flowing

Hiya everyone!

One of you lovely lot asked me in a previous post to let you in on how to create digital art. And after creating my most recent piece (see this happy plant lady above!), I thought why not tell you how I am currently crafting my art. Especially after doing this for a year now!

So if you want to add another fun hobby to your ever growing lockdown hobby list, then read on...

001: get to know your program:
A bit obvious, but if you are starting out and you've got Photoshop, Procreate or any other digital art program, you should explore the tools before diving in. See what's available to get creating and if you can, download some brushes. (I have one favourite in Photoshop I use ALL THE TIME) Also, if you're planning to use your laptop, Wacom drawing tablets are the actual bee's knees!

002: think about the style you want to create with:
What illustrations and styles are you drawn to? Super detailed designs? Dark and mysterious? Fun and colourful? Once you hone in on how you want to present your pieces, it'll be practice, practice, practice from here on out. I figured that I love cute colourful and cartoonish designs, and am now wanting to explore darker colour palettes.

003: brainstorm your interests:
Think about what you want to actually draw and work on some drafts. Use a simple old school style of pen to paper and see how it turns out. Do you want to personify food? Tell a story about a character in a picture? Make a pattern design? Once you've done that, you can start piecing it all together in your program.

004: don't give up and keep going:
If you scroll down on my art account, you'll see how sh** I was at my creations - and only now do I feel more confident and wanting to explore different themes. I've been drawing through Photoshop for just over a year, and creating every week. My next goal is to add more depth and detail to my pieces.

005: get involved in drawing challenges:
Boost your skills and get involved in the online challenges like #drawthisinyourstyle and #stillherestilllife. By taking photos and pieces from other artists, you can practice and put a personal spin on the theme. And tagging the original artist also helps to get your following to grow!

006: share them everywhere:
An extra tip would be to not only share your art on your instagram, blog, twitter, etc. but also your own personal accounts. I haven't proved if it's effective or not yet (lol), but it's a nice habit I've started and shows people who might not be following you there what they're missing!

I don't know what else to say, but if I think of anything else, I'll make this a series and part two post!

Do you create digital art? Link your stuff below!

Follow


0 Comentarios

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*