Is The Revolution Cut Crease Canvas Eyeshadow Base Worth The Hype?


An easy makeup glow up?

My beloved Seventeen WOW! concealer dried up the other week. *Noooo*

But because Seventeen is dead and gone, I had to find another product alternative...

And that's when I saw that Revolution released a whole new range of cut crease creams!

Coming in four shades, you have a choice of 'Halo' (a white), 'Illustrate' (fair - which is what I picked up), 'Create' (a more yellow toned fair) and 'Etch' (a darker yellow toned shade).

I've actually not seen a lot of people in the blogging world nor on youtube talk about these. Though to be fair, I've not actively searched. I was basically going in blind with this product.

The Cut Crease Canvas is 4.5ml, so not too big, nor too small, and you get a brush within the lid. And for £6.00, I don't think it's a bad price and if you're only using a small amount to create a base, then it isn't money down the drain for me.

But, let's get to the point of why we're all here.

How did it perform??


I'm usually one to either create a halo eye or inner corner cut crease. And after continuously watching loads of youtubers experiment with different looks, I've just become obsessed with creating my own. So, I was excited to put this to the test.

I tested this product on two occasions:

occasion one:
I went in with my classic pink and blue look in mind. I got blending with my trusty Revolution Pro Mischief Mattes palette and then whipped out the Cut Crease Canvas to get started!

I firstly tried to use the brush provided to apply it to the eye, but found it applied too much product. Oops. I dabbed it away with my finger (which thankfully worked) and then turned to my Revolution Soph x Extra Spice for the shimmer.

occasion two:
Going in with the usual matte base colours and then blended them out. THIS TIME I put the Cut Crease Canvas on the back on my hand and applied with my separate concealer brush - and it worked so much better as my eyes didn't feel like they were coated with 50,000 layers of product! Then I applied my shimmer shade and voila!

my verdict:
Now I've figured out the best way to use it, I used less product on the second time and my shimmers stuck SO WELL to the base that it turned out to be effortless to apply. The cream itself isn't too thick or thin - it's a nice in between and has the perfect level of stickiness for the cut crease shade to stick to and not smudge off.

I actually really love this product, and it's no wonder that Revolution is one of my favourite brands from the drugstore now. And the best thing is, my look lasts aaaaall day long!

Get this ASAP from your local Superdrug now!!

(I totally forgot to take a picture for this post of the look I did, but if you follow me on Instagram, you'll know what look I'm talking about!)

Are any of you guys a fan of a cut crease (or Revolution)?

Follow

2 Comentarios

  1. I've never actually attempted to do a cut crease, I'm a little scared of try to be honest haha! I do love the revolution concealers, so perhaps I'll pick this up and give the cut creasing a go!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s honestly the easiest and most fun thing to do! 99% of my looks now are a cut crease haha! It’s not scary and I hope you find joy in it too! 💕

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*