The Alibi Book Club #9


-- It's really quite a magical journey... --

*I originally only bought this book because Tanya Burr recommended it and after finishing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, I felt a little lost. The Night Circus is hard to put into words, it's just amazing and you get sucked into the story. It certainly centres around a magical contest - kind of like the Hunger Games but really not - and the Circus is essentially the arena. But the book doesn't just focus on that. 

It follows all the characters who are linked with the Circus and how it is shaped. I fell in love with every character and felt really sad when I turned the last page. Morgenstern is a genius with words and she manages to suck you into the whole plot. I don't know if she has, but I hope she's written more magical books like this. Update: this is her only book. Oh well.

"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. The black sign, painted in white letters that hangs upon the gates, reads: Opens at Nightfall Closes at Dawn. As the sun disappears beyond the horizon, all over the tents small lights begin to flicker, as though the entirety of the circus is covered in particularly bright fireflies. When the tents are all aglow, sparkling against the night sky, the sign appears. Le Cirque des Reves The Circus of Dreams. Now the circus is open. Now you may enter."

The description above is what intrigued me, and I hope it ignites your curiosity too. It's the perfect book for nights by the far when it's coming into the colder months...

What books have you been loving recently?

*Blogger messed up my text placement. I'm really annoyed.

6 Comentarios

  1. This book sounds really lovely, I'll have to take a look as soon as I have finished The Great Gatsby which is my obsession at the moment.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I did the great gatsby for english in year 12! I do like it but studying it made me even more confused about the plot for some reason haha

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such an interesting book - I must read!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/11/15

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to read this! Just finished reading The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen- loved it!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm planning to read some Christmas novels next ahaha

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*