Little Things To Do To Make The Most Of Summer


Indulging in the heat of Summer 2017

It's already June (whaaaat?) and I'm sure most of you are now off from uni/school and since I'm not going away myself this summer, I thought I would hit two birds with one stone, and compile a list of small things you can do if you're having a staycation.

(Also that phrase is quiet unsettling and violent sorry)

A couple I actually got from The Simple Things magazine which is one of my all time favourites for when you want to feel like you're in the country - and want to make the most of your days... Sooo, without further ado, let's get into it!


  • Leave the curtains open and wake up with the dawn... Hopefully it'll encourage you to either have some more me time or feel more productive!
  • Have a picnic in your local park/garden... And obviously invite (or drag) some friends and family along! Enjoy the weather and indulge in some good food.
  • Make a lemonade and orange juice drink... Trust me it's the best thing ever and with the sweetness from both and the fizziness from the lemonade, it's the most refreshing thing ever.
  • Treat yourself to new summer clothes... Just because you're not going away, doesn't mean you can't have a shopping spree! Hit up Primark or Zara and treat yo' self!
  • Have a 'no makeup' makeup day... I'm talking just bronzer, highlighter and brows! And of course add some mascara and concealer if needed. I know I do or I just look dead haha
  • Gorge on some Ben and Jerry's ice cream... Choose a flavour and dive right in. It's pretty hot out so you need something to cool down with. That's a good excuse right? Also Half Baked is the holy grail!
  • Go on a summer's walk... If picnics aren't your thing, then there's no harm in putting on some sandles, plonking your essentials into a summery bag and going on a walk. If you find a nice spot, you could also relax and do a bit of reading...
  • Bake a seasonal cake for the family... Lemon cake, elderflower cake, carrot cake... It can be anything but the best part of it is that you can make the most of that time indoors when you want to take a little break from the heat outside!

What do you guys like doing in the summer?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. In the summer I tend to wear a lot less makeup than the rest of the year, after all it just melts under the sun in a couple hours haha. Summer's walks are the best, especially around parks, with an ice cream in hand!

    Julia x
    Last Post: How Much Is My Makeup Worth? | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2017/06/how-much-is-my-face-worth.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes grabbing ice cream in a park is the best thing ever! :D And I've been trying to go more natural with my makeup as well xx

      Delete
  2. I love all of these ideas! I'm not the biggest fan of lemonades and drink them very rarely but my sister made me a drink with apple juice and sparkling water and it was so yummy!! Kind of similar to what you suggested :)
    I'd love to go on a picnic and it's actually on my July to do list xx

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like a nice drink, I hardly ever touch apple juice now, so I need to give it a try! xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*