Five Good Things | What Made My Week


Taking time to live well

In an attempt to bring my mood up, because alas, it is Sunday and I reaallly want to make the most of this day for relaxing, I thought I would mix it up a bit. Rather than doing my usual Sunday blog post summary, I'm going to list five things that made my week.

'Cos this week was actually really good and I want to celebrate it with you guys! Kinda like one of those line a day diaries but not. After writing this post, it was about time I took it old school... Sooo, here's the five things that made my week!

001: Becoming the indie tumblr girl: It wasn't long before I managed to snap up the latest issue of frankie to hit the UK. (Because we're always an issue behind but idc) And every issue it doesn't take me long - two seconds approximately - to fall in love with it again. Plus I bought some sunflowers from Sainsbury's to brighten up my room. And let me tell you, they look super pretty and summery.

002: Discovering new faves: I forever will love Marina and the Diamonds, The 1975 and 30 Seconds to Mars. They're like the holy trinity of music for me. (Paramore and Lana are up there too) But this week I was dying to discover a new band apart from Pale Waves. And I found them! They're called The Regrettes and they're everything I've been looking for. Songs you NEED to listen to are 'Seashore' and 'Hey Now'.

003: Entering the realm of crystals: After finding my rose quartz and paying more attention to my amethyst on my bedside table, I decided to re-enter the universe of crystals. So I went out and got a starter kit of sorts for £4 along with a mini poster guide. Not only are they super pretty, but so far they've been so nice to hold while meditation for 15 minutes on my bed. I'm looking forward to getting more use of these when I'm looking to be in the right mood.

004: Getting lost in a good book: Before work, on the bus, before going to bed, etc, you'll find me reading a book. And this week I've fallen in love with Kate Morten's book The Distant Hours. Her writing makes the characters likable and you become hooked on the plot to want to find out more. I'm planning on dedicating a post to it, but so far let me assure you, it's a top favourite for the year so far.

005: Having the best time at work: What would a five things post be without me mentioning work... I've been at Lush for a month and I'm absolutely loving it! Not only are my colleagues and managers the most lovely and bubbly people to work with, but working with the best natural products on the market and interacting with customers who are really interested in them as well, makes long and short shifts the best shifts. Basically, I'm happy I jumped at the chance to get back into the company.

What five good things happened this week for you?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. I love discovering new music, I couldn't live in a world without music, but I always end up listening to the same artists so discovering someone new that I like always makes me so happy. I'm so jealous you get to work somewhere as lovely as Lush, i'm obsessed with literally all of their products x

    Shannon | http://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Cheesy to say but music is my life and thank youuu! It really is the best job! Xx

      Delete
  2. Getting lost in a good book is such a great feeling! xx

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally the best I love it x

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*