Three Epic Apps You Need For Your Blogging Hobby


Be part of the amazing blogosphere

Blogging in recent years has EXPLODED and become the must have career/hobby for anyone who can work a computer. Not only is it allowing those who take it up to be expressive in their writing, but it can help push creative boundaries with the photography, blog design and overall branding of this amazing venture.

I've down countless posts about blogging, and from personal experience and having been doing this since 2014, it's the best hobby I could have asked for. It allows you to grow as a person, have fun and even helps with applying for jobs! (Especially those that focus on social media and creativity)

If you're dying to create your own space on the internet, but don't know where to start after choosing your domain, name and overall direction of where you want to go, then look no further than this post! I'm going to tell you three apps you need in your life to help with blogging. And if you're already a blogger, then this might be a great alternative to what you're doing...

001: VSCOCam/A Color Story: Ok, I've put two apps under one, but both are equally as amazing as the other. It's just how you prefer to edit photos in these apps that make them differ. If you're a gal (or guy) who takes photos on their phones for their blog - or emails DSLR pics to their phone to edit - then you'll be all over these. Without the fuss of Photoshop, you can easily brighten, contrast and add filters to your photos to make them stand out. On my blog you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between where I've edited them. They're that good!

002: Bitly: Aside from the actual blogging bit, you need to get your post out there. If you want to say so much on twitter when promoting a post or don't want a lengthy link in your insta bio, then Bitly is your best friend. It shortens your blog post links into sweet little nuggets of easy to copy and paste code. Now you have more letters to natter about what your post is about in your latest promo tweet!

003: Bloglovin': The most useful and obvious one in my opinion! Not only can you catch up on fellow blogger's posts but you can also see how many views/likes/saves you have on your own. (So you know what people are loving and what's popular) And if you haven't linked your blog to it, then go do it now! It's the most popular and easiest way to follow everyone. I literally have no idea where I would be without this site. I've been joined since day one and it hasn't failed me yet.

What apps do you guys use for blogging?

Follow

12 Comentarios

  1. I always use Bloglovin' on my phone, it makes for easy catchups with your favourite blogs and their new posts! I also use VSCO to edit photos, I haven't heard of bitly before but it's downloading now so I can start saying more on Twitter :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooo! VSCOCam is my life basically haha

      Delete
  2. I swear by VSCO, it is a life saver!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally! Plus it’s so easy to copy and paste edits! :)

      Delete
  3. I looove A Colour Story- my fave editing app for sure! I've recently stopped using bloglovin - it feels so much more spammy lately! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame, to be honest I do hardly go on it now because of work but I do still love to have a scroll through on my breaks! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Bloglovin, that's how I've found most of the blogs I read all the time! It's great to keep track of new posts as well. I'd never heard about A Colour Story, I need to check it out because that's the type of app I need!

    Julia x
    Last Post: A Guide to Visit Sintra, Portugal | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/travel-guide-to-visiting-sintra-portugal.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I don't think I'd ever have discovered my favourites or met up with any bloggers if I didn't sign up to the site! xx

      Delete
  5. Bloglovin' is my favourite way to keep up to date with my favourite blogs, also VSCOcam is what I use to edit my instagram photos - brilliant app!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there isn't a blogger who doesn't use Bloglovin then I'm a sloth :'D

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love Color Story and VSCOCam! I think I do use Color Story a bit more as I just feel like the filter are more my style. Bloglovin is definitely a must! I don't understand how you can keep up with all the blogs you like if you don't have Bloglovin. It's so easy to use and it has all the blogs and you don't have to have different accounts for Blogger, Wordpress etc :)x

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I question people who don't have Bloglovin haha xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*