The Alibi Book Club #29 | A Summer Reading Book Haul


Reads for garden chilling

If you know me by now. I LOVE to read, and I won't go anywhere without a book in my bag.

Heck I even have a 'book club' tab on my blog now!

And there's nothing quite like sitting out in the garden (with plenty of sun lotion on) reading a great novel with a nice cold glass of fruit juice/water...

That's what I had in mind when I picked up these books recently. Of course, two of these I've read before. I mean, who DOESN'T know about John Green and The Fault In Our Stars?? But I wanted to replace the hardbacks I had. Because if there's something I hate more than eating actual bananas, it's hardbacks and their weird slippy sleeves.

Grab a notepad and pen and get ready to add these to your 'to read' list for summer twenty eighteen!

001: rowan coleman - the summer of impossible things:
I've never heard of Rowan Coleman in my life - much like most of the authors of the books I own - but the title intrigued me seeing as we're in summer (so it was perfect seasonal reading). And the whole thing about 'impossible things'. What could that beeeeee??

"If you could change the past, would you? How far would you go to save the person you love?

Devastated by her mother’s suicide, Luna is in New York dealing with her mother’s estate when something impossible happens.

She finds herself in 1977 and about to witness a week in her mother’s life that would change it forever.

Luna is about to do everything she can to save her mother's life. Even if it means sacrificing her own."

002: louise pentland - wilde like me:
AAaaah Louise. One of the most amazing, down to earth youtubers out there. And the author of this amazing book! I first read this last year, and let me tell you, it's a perfect lighthearted read. And if you love Sophie Kinsella and Jenny Colgan, you'll LOVE Louise's style of writing. Also it's pretty hard not to fall in love with Robin and completely root for her...

"Robin Wilde is an awesome single mum. She's great at her job. Her best friend Lacey and bonkers Auntie Kath love her and little Lyla Blue to the moon and back. 

From the outside, everything looks just fine. But behind the mask she carefully applies every day, things sometimes feel . . . grey. And lonely. 

After 4 years (and 2 months and 24 days!) of single-mum-dom, it's time for Robin Wilde to Change. Her. Life! A little courage, creativity and help from the wonderful women around her go a long way. And Robin is about to embark on quite an adventure..."

003: john green - the fault in our stars:
I've read this book to death, and it's by far one of my favourites from John Green (Alongside An Abundance of Katherines). I've even seen the film twice - and counting. I thought it was about time I got a nice fresh paperback copy and I can't wait to read this again this summer...

"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis.

But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten."

PS. I promise to do some actual book reviewing soon haha...


What books have you guys picked up recently?

Follow

4 Comentarios

  1. I started reading Wide Like Me but I forgot about it, ahh I need to pick it up again because I was really enjoying it!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I can’t believe it’s Louise’s first book! She’s soooo good at writing novels in so excited for the second one!

      Delete
  2. TFIOS is one of my all time favourite books! I'm currently rereading it for like the 100th time, it's just so good. I just added the two other books you mentioned to my to read list! I actually got a few gift vouchers for my birthday and I'm currently making a list of books I'm going to use them for :)x

    Anu | Based On blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh when you do get them and read them, do let me know in my next book post what you thought of them!! xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*