These Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kits Are Life Changing


Now this is what you call a dupe

Ok, let's put aside for a moment the fact that I slated Barry M and said they were only good for their nail paints, and their makeup range is just crap. I've seen a little rebranding on their counter recently - looks like they're phasing out the cardboard hurrah - and saw they had some lovely new bits in. I LOVE taking it old school with drugstore makeup reviews, and I remember when I first started (I don't mean to sound like an 80 year old) I used to raaaveee about all their nail bits and other brands.


So to go back to my beauty blogging roots as such, I spotted that they've added matte liquid lipsticks to their stand. *collective oohs and aahs* I know right. And they come in the form of lip kits! If you've read my review of the Makeup Revolution ones then you'll understand how unsure I was with paying £6.99 for the Barry M ones. But after seeing a couple of good reviews on these babies, I thought it would be worth it...


Was I right? Did I avoid the same disaster repeating as with the MR Retro Luxe ones? Yes, I did. *wipes brow* Not only are the Barry M Matte Me Up lip kits the cutest things ever. I mean look at the packaging design aw aw. The actual product quality is soooo much better. I picked up the colour Pose which is a pretty pink nude, but there's also other two in the range. The pencil isn't too buttery and didn't break on first application and created a nice definition on the lips. And the lipstick is an ACTUAL MATTE. Not a horrid sticky mess. It's super easy to apply, dries quickly and doesn't make your lips feel like a legit desert. (Just look at how happy I am in the last pic haha)

If you're desperate for a Kylie dupe, run down to your local drugstore and snap this up! It's for sure one of the best purchases I've made for a long time! And I'm not just saying it for the sake of this post... I'm already excited to wear it tomorrow haha.

What products from Barry M have you tried?

Follow

8 Comentarios

  1. I'm obsessed with the one I have too, its just so creamy and perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It literally is and guess what, I'm wearing it again today :P

      Delete
  2. The finish is perfect! That's a lovely surprise from Barry M. The packaging is indeed super cute, and although I'd never been tempted to try their makeup before (apart from their nail polishes which are fab), this makes me want to! It can be difficult to find the right liquid lipsticks in drugstore brands, these ones sound - and look - just great! I love the particular shade you picked, what's the name/number? :)

    Julia x
    Last post: My London Favourites | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2017/03/london-my-favourite-spots.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Pose and I think it's a really lovely nude pink to wear at this time of year! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so obsessed with liquid lipsticks - these look so gorgeous and affordable!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's because it's so popular or what but they're the only things I apply to my lips now haha x

      Delete
  4. I 100% plan on try this now - it looks amazing on your lips! <3

    G is for Gingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! You definitely need to try it!!

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*