What Blogging Feels Like Now In 2019


Laying bare my feelings

Like a majority of the blogging community. I'm starting to feel a HUGE change in the air.

Long gone are the days where we all updated our readers through photo diaries (which I still find fun tbh) and what's going on generally in our lives. Anyone remember the Sunday update posts everyone did??

And here are the days where everything is being consumed as it happens. I feel readers - sometimes including myself - want something instant, digestible, quick and snappy.

Guess where that's mainly happening?

You guessed it. Instagram.

As a general user (I don't use the platform as a means of earning money, only for fun) I've seen a rise in the amount of blog post style content appearing and a hella lot of sponsored content.

Instagram is like micro-blogging. You can have ultra professional blog post style photos with a short and sweet caption that gets to the point. With anything from beauty, to fashion and even life updates.

And let's not forget to mention Insta stories. Loooooads of content there!


And with all that going on, I've sadly seen a fall in the amount of blog posts that are popping up on my Bloglovin' feed.

Yeah, I'm that girl that still uses it to catch up on posts.

There used to be around 30+ posts to catch up on when I first got into blogging every day - and even maybe two years ago. But now, there's an average of around 10 (or even less). If I missed a week of reading, there'd be around 100+ eeeek. All the people I loved to follow are mainly active on Instagram.

With all this happening, I think it's natural for us to follow the lead. Blogging is still going sooo strong but in a different way. I'm now way more active there than here, and my blog posts have fallen to around two to three posts a week...

I use a lot of my photos for blog posts that I've primarily taken for Insta too.

So, to summarize. How do I feel??

Kind of sad that actual blogs are starting to take a back seat and that it felt really lovely to see everyone wanting to talk about their life in detail. But also kind of glad that the blog posts I do read are short and sweet as a majority of content is on the social media platform.

In the long run, blogging is as popular as ever. It's amazing to see so many people sharing their favourites in an instant and I'm just happy it hasn't died yet. And of course it's going to change and evolve over time.

How do you guys feel about the general change of blogging?

Follow

12 Comentarios

  1. The blogging world has changed SO much! As much as I love seeing bloggers do sponsored content (cause they need to make money some how right!) I guess I just miss the other side of things when blogging was just a hobby and you'd natter on about how much you spent in boots or something of the sort.

    We shall see what happens, but I reckon 2019 is the year that blogs will become popular again!

    Zoey | https://www.zoeyolivia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to everything you said here! I do enjoy seeing sponsored content if it interests me, but I love long nattery blog posts haha xx

      Delete
  2. Girl this was so interesting! Thank you for your thoughts :)

    x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you and you’re welcome Lisa 💕

      Delete
  3. I totally get what you mean, it is sad to see bloggers slowly drop off and stop blogging. I'm that person that uses Bloglovin too haha, and there's definitely been a decline over time xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm just thankful that I can still follow the ones I love in a different way x

      Delete
  4. It makes me a little bit sad that blogging is taking a back seat as well, as much as I love Instagram and all the creative content that gets posted, I do enjoy a good catch up with blog posts!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I usually leave reading blog posts now till the weekend if I can so I can have a good ol’ reading sesh!

      Delete
  5. So true! I do love a nice, long, dreamy blog post I can dive into, so it's a bit sad. On the flip side, it's nice to see people sharing updates and longer captions on Insta rather than short and mysterious captions, quotes, and song lyrics.

    www.lifeslittlemusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is true! It’s nice to get little life snippets on Instagram! And I remember the days of song lyrics in captions... I did A LOT of those in 2012 haha x

      Delete
  6. I agree with you that more people are concentrating on their instagram pages, but there are so many new blogs I'm discovering which is exciting. I'm terrible at Instagram, so I'll always have my blog here.

    Aycan // www.littlewhitesocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. There really is! In fact, if there’s any fave bloggers you love do, please let me know as I want to expand my reading on bloglovin! Your instagram is so pretty though! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*