Never Feel Guilty About Curating That Perfect Instagram


Be whoever you want to be

I feel like there's now a pressure to appear to have the 'perfect' life online, but other times you have to appear real and down to earth. It's actually quite confusing for me...

Sure, the old days of Instagram were more 'real' because we kind of didn't know what we were doing. All we had was crappy built in app filters, fuzzy phone quality and a camera roll of our cats, fast food and (in my case) lush face masks, sunsets and just about anything that created a jumbled up and messy feed.

Over time, apps like VSCO came about, phones got better, apps updated and now we're in an age - I sound like a professor or something haha - where we can edit our photos to perfection, take better quality photos and just go mad to create our own theme.

And there's nothing wrong with that!


Themes can express who we are as a person (mine is pink and all the colours with brightness added in to make it seamless) and one thing that I love is having a photo taking session, creating my theme and then posting them over the days.

And I feel like that's where there's a bit of a debate of sorts. No one posts 'in the moment' anymore. Is it because there's no algorithm of posts that are shown on our feeds live as they are posted, or do we just love a good old photoshoot??

My life is DEAD. In my actual life, I have nothing to take photos of and truth be told, I work so much (which I'm super grateful for because my job is amazing) but I can't ever really take photos in the moment.

Sooo, having apps like UNUM and VSCO are life savers for posting photos from my camera roll. If you see a pic posted at 11am of a flatlay, you should know I'm probably on the way to work and just wanted to post something.

It seemed a perfect opportunity to add the above photos to the post just to prove my point. If you want a feed of you posing in photogenic places and not of your breakfast for your Instagram then that's cool - and it'll look pretty!

To sum it up, old school Instagram is over for me, and it's actual harder to do what we used to with our busy lives, so a curated theme is a perfect go to. Plus it makes Insta soooo much more interesting!

Sometimes, it's good to escape real life and see pretty glam lives - even if the photos like mine are probably taken all in one day. Because who has time to do it every day??

What's your take on curated 'perfect' insta themes?

Follow

2 Comentarios

  1. You know Fran, I am sure most other bloggers/people on Instagram could totally relate to your post. We take photos in bulk, we store them and post them over the days... Lucky are those whose life is exactly as it appears on their feed! But yeah we don't show the commute to work, the bad hair days, the tired days when all we've done is stay at home in old pyjamas... We're all in the same boat haha!

    Julia x
    Last Post: Why You Should Do Things NOW | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/lifestyle-why-you-should-do-things-now.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I’m glad!! It also helps me to appreciate those few moments when I AM able to go to those insta worthy places xx

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*