What I Really Think Of The Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser


Is it legit worth the fuss??

*Before we get into this review, I'd like to put a disclaimer out there that I used this product without any makeup on - as it was a lazy day and loads of people have said this cleanser isn't particularly good at removing makeup... So I couldn't be bothered to try it with it on.

If you kids remember, I received a glossier order containing a few glorious first purchase products. (read it here if you're feeling nosy) And for my free sample, I opted for the cult fave - apparently - milky jelly cleanser.

Because it seems EVERYONE has it and it's always popping up as an ad on blog sidebars.

And it was only till now I thought I'd give it a whirl. I usually use my Lush 9 to 5 cleanser and go in with the Lush Angels on Bare Skin after. (Followed by toner and moisturiser) So I was intrigued to see if this glossier offering would be a welcome addition to shake up my skincare routine...

It claims (from the website):
"This is the ultimate daily face wash: use on dry skin to dissolve away makeup and grime, or on wet skin as you start your day. The pH-balanced, creamy gel formula is made with a blend of five skin conditioners so your face is left feeling healthy and soft, never tight. Its cleansing power comes from the same gentle cleaning agents found in contact lens solution, so it’s tough on impurities and still safe to use on your eyes. You’ll see."

After reading this, I was pretty excited to use my sample. Which fyi, is enough for one use if you're wondering whether to pick this with your next order.

For one thing, they got 'creamy gel' right, as that's exactly what it looked like. It was kind of like a liquid soap without the suds and felt really gentle and soft on the skin. And once washed off - which it was super easy to do - my face looked nice and clean and was moisturised to the touch.

Even after spraying on my Lush toner water, skin feels like a baby's skin. I'm legit shocked. (Also my skin didn't react wooo)

So, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised and can totally understand why people rave about it. I feel like I don't need to put any moisturiser on after to be honest. There's really nothing bad I can say about it - apart from feeling a little tight/prickly on my undereyes. But it wasn't too annoying.

Though, I do hope to get another sample in an order soon and put it to the test with all the makeup I wear.

It's a nice change to the routine for sure, but looking at it as a stand alone product. I don't think I could swap this straight out for my sole cleanser. I'm going to have to use something to take my makeup off with. So for now, I'm sticking with my Lush...

Until I try it again and make my final decision. Lol.

Have you guys tried this cleanser yet?

Follow

8 Comentarios

  1. I really enjoy using the jelly cleanser, mostly because its so gentle on the skin and not heavily fragranced. It helps that the bottle is super cute as well I won't lie haha!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle is VERY cute haha and it was so gentle on my skin! x

      Delete
  2. I love this cleanser too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really good and was much better than i expected x

      Delete
  3. The cleanser sounds good enough, especially if it leaves the skin soft and hydrated! I'd love to try it out as a sample before buying it though to make sure it's worth it - but this review really helps Fran!

    Julia x
    Last Post: How To Spend 48h in Brugge, Belgium | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/09/travel-how-to-spend-48h-in-brugge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing cleanser... I’m very tempted to buy it as my double cleanser! And you’re welcome x

      Delete
  4. I've not tried any of the Glossier products yet, but this cleanser sounds lovely xx

    Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never actually used a cleanser from another brand that wasn’t Simple or Lush, so it was a nice surprise 💘

      Delete

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments! *all the hugs!*